Wednesday, August 24, 2016

An Unusually Early Start


My day started early. I'm not a morning person, but today I was up pretty early and I was really ready for some coffee. After morning pages, I dove right into doing some behind the scenes stuff for my sister Jamie. I have looked at a lot of HTML today, funny how it starts to read as normal after a while.



One thing that was on my mind today was reading. Over the past few years I've actively worked on reading, both challenging myself and also remembering to enjoy what I read. It's been quite a dance between priorities, and I often go down the rabbit hole of researching and compiling lists, most recently with the SciFi Fantasy and Weird Adventure. But over the past few days, I've felt a bit slumpy.

I'm in the middle of about 8 books right now, and normally that doesn't phase me but I ended up just not reading for the past few days. I was starting to feel overwhelmed so I had a little sit down with the list of the books I was reading. As with any list I make, I grouped like items and looked at them by priority. Do any have deadlines? What's due back at the library or being read for a book club/monthly challenge? What would be easier to buy than read for the library? What's coming up next in the queue that I need to make space for?

Once I sorted that all out, I realized that I have two romance novels on the go that I want to finish by next week, and if I can work on them, plus read a chapter of The Odyssey and a book by Pema Chödrön, I'll be in good shape. There is lots more on my currently reading list, but this feels like what I need to get the motor running again. Time to get that inertia going!


Lunch Break! This is another one of my random-yet-now-often-shared pics, my lunch. I don't quite know why I do it, and I eat almost the same thing for lunch every day, but I still often end up sharing it on Instagram and Facebook. Today was hummus on crispbreads, plus carrots and blueberries. The blueberries were so tiny and quite tart, but I really enjoyed them

No pics of me at the computer, even though there was a lot of that today. It's been a long day, but it's been nice to have romance novel reading breaks. Here is me with my Kindle in all it's bright green cover glory. Good thing I figured out what I wanted to focus with reading, as this gave me a good thing to do while taking rest breaks. A little re-jigging got me back on course there, and now I can't wait to find out what happens next in my book. Who will she choose? And will he return her affections? Will the war be avoided, or is their a battle on the horizon? Good stuff.



No comments: