Monday, May 23, 2016

TV This Week: May 23 - May 29, 2016 ~ New and Returning Shows


We are one a big turnover week for TV with several shows ending for the season and a fair amount of new and returning series. I find it amazing how much TV has changed over the years, and summer felt for a long time that it was the land of reality TV only. This week we have reality shows with the twelfth season of The Bachelorette, and also the third season of Hotel Hell. It's not just reality, we also have doses of the strange with Wayward Pines Season 2 and the glorious drama of Bloodlines Season 2. We also have a new show this week: Private Eyes. And it's Canadian! I have missed seeing Canadian shows, and I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

I know it's Monday and therefore I'm late to the game on sharing some of the Sunday May 23rd Premieres. Over the weekend we had the series premiere of Preacher on AMC and Food Network Star Season 12 on Food Network Canada. I'm really impressed that the first episode of Preacher is available to watch online, and hope they will keep that up thought the show!

Monday May 24, 2016


The Bachelorette on CityTV and ABC (Season 12)

I'll admit I've never watched The Bachelorette, and I think I only ever saw one season of The Bachelor. I can understand how it can be a guilty pleasure show, and that's a fun thing to enjoy in the summer.

Tuesday May 25, 2016


Hotel Hell on Fox (Season 3)

Gordon Ramsey is back to help Hotels in trouble shape up and try and turn their businesses around. I find a lot of the promo for these kinds of shows is of the shock and scare variety, but I'm always impressed that the heart of the show is the *help* people improve and maintain their livelihood and dreams.

Wednesday May 26, 2016


Wayward Pines on CityTV and Fox(Season 2)

I missed out on Wayward Pines last summer, but I've recently been catching up on Season 1 and it is pretty fantastic! It's got a big time mystery vibe / conspiracy theory feel to it, compelling storylines, lots of different perspectives and it certainly keeps viewers on their toes. I'm thrilled that it's returning this week and I can't wait to see what happens in season 2.

Thursday May 27, 2016


Private Eyes on Global (Series Premiere)

A new Canadian show! WooohooO! Here's a description of the show:

"Private Eyes follows ex-pro hockey player Matt Shade (Jason Priestley) who irrevocably changes his life when he teams up with fierce P.I. Angie Everett (Cindy Sampson) to form an unlikely investigative powerhouse.

Matt Shade’s post-hockey career hasn’t exactly been a shining one. A stint in sports broadcasting led to lots of embarrassment and the kind of YouTube fame no one wants – and Shade sees working with Angie as an opportunity to redeem himself from his checkered past. And have a little fun, of course.

On the ice, he learned how to hustle, read people and anticipate their moves. Working with Angie, Shade discovers a fantastic rush of adrenaline, and realizes that he’s found a new home where his skills still matter. Meanwhile, Angie took over her father’s P.I. agency after his death, and she strives to keep his legacy alive. Each case is an opportunity for her to flex her smarts, strength, and strategic thinking. She’s straightforward, clever, and knows her business inside out. Angie may find Shade na├»ve and well, annoying, but his passion and heart bring something special to her successful one-woman business."

Now, I'm not a fan of procedurals, but this is totally Canadian so I can't wait to check it out.

Friday May 28, 2016


Bloodlines on Netflix (Season 2)

Like Wayward Pines, I was late to the game on the brilliance of Bloodlines. I'm actually not even halfway through Season 1, and it is one of the best series I've seen in recent years. The acting is on a whole other level for a TV series. Complex characters, difficult situations, and no easy answers. I have to get back to this one, pronto.

Finales this week include: Blindspot, The Voice, The Night Manager, Arrow, Supernatural and the series finale of Nashville. I am so sad that this is the final season of Nashville, especially as it was only announced recently that the show was not renewed. I hope we get a nice finish to such an emotional show. I'm also really excited to see what the finale will bring for Blindspot, which has been my favourite new show of this fall/winter TV season. Not too much long to wait and find out!

If you love TV, you can also check out my Where to Watch TV Online in Canada Listing and hear me chat about TV Musings over at my YouTube Channel.

Although I think Bloodlines is the best series we will be seeing this week, I'm more excited about Wayward Pines because I'm *this* close to finishing Season 1. Any way you slice it, we have lots of great TV choices this week.

What will you be watching?

No comments: