Monday, May 02, 2016

TV This Week: May 2 - May 8, 2016 ~ New and Returning Shows


Michael Weston as Harry Houdini, Rebecca Liddiard as Constable Adelaide Stratton, and Stephen Mangan as Arthur Conan Doyle
in Houdini and Doyle

It's a cascade of new and shows this week with something new to watch on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and two shows on Friday. That's a lot to take in. And I know there is a lot that I will be taking in! This week looks amazing with new and returning shows from historicals to science fiction to comedy. Something for everyone!

Monday May 2, 2016


Houdini and Doyle on Global (Series Premiere)

I've been looking forward to Houdini and Doyle for ages now. It is inspired by the real life friendship of the title characters, Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It's called a crime scenes, which makes me think it will be a little on the procedural side but it's also noted to be supernatural which means it's gonna be a bit out there. Sounds perfect to me. The commercials have been running during Elementary, which kind of trips me up to see a character version of the creator of Sherlock Holmes while watching something about Sherlock Holmes! Talk about meta. I will definitely be checking this one out.

Tuesday May 3, 2016


Person of Interest on CTV (Final Season)

I wish I had watched Person of Interest from when it started, but I think my TV line up was very full that year! It sounds like such an interesting concept with a mysterious computer and always seeming to have to run in and fix something in the nick of time. I know the final season timing had been up in the air for a long time, so I hope the fans are super happy that now they can settle in for the series as it sums up.

Wednesday May 4, 2016


The Aliens on Space (Series Premiere)

The Aliens had me at "from the creators of Misfits". Honestly, that was enough to get me to watch the show. If you need more info, here is the description:

"The Aliens takes viewers into the depths of Troy, the lawless, illicit paradise full of parties, drugs, violence, and some very bad people. The aliens who inhabit Troy appear almost identical to humans but are tagged by Border Control in order to be identified. They are allowed out of Troy to perform menial jobs as long as they have been disinfected and return before curfew."

The Aliens stars Michael Socha (Being Human UK), Jim Howick (Horrible Histories) and Michaela Coel (Chewing Gum) and is a mere 6 episodes long. I can't wait to watch it!

Friday May 6, 2016


I don't always know when Netflix series are coming out, but they have been sharing the details on these two so I'm happy to share them as well.

Marseille on Netflix (Series Premiere)

I think it's pretty cool to have a French Netflix original series. They are bringing us some really great content these days. Here is more on Marseille: "French drama series follows the race for mayor in the titular city." Okay, so that isn't a lot of information. It looks like a political/crime thriller to me from the trailer. The cast includes Gérard Depardieu, Benoît Magimel and Géraldine Pailhas

Grace and Frankie on Netflix (Season 2)

I really want to check out Grace and Frankie. I'm not always a fan of comedy, but I have heard this series starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin is top notch. I am thrilled that a series about female friendship got renewed and now is back with Season 2. I hope to check it out.

If you love TV, you can also check out my Where to Watch TV Online in Canada Listing and hear me chat about TV Musings over at my YouTube Channel.

That's the shows for the week. I'm super crazy excited about The Aliens, and Houdini and Doyle. What are you planning on checking out?

Cast of The Aliens



1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I LOVE Person of Interest!