Monday, May 16, 2016

TV This Week: May 16 - May 22, 2016 ~ New and Returning Shows


It has been a quiet time for new TV on the actual TV, including not one new show last week. It's this time of year that I get really exciting about what will be on in the summer, and start to hunt down summer schedules but don't usually have too much luck. Then I remember, right now people aren't talking about the SUMMER schedule, as it's all about the FALL schedule. That's right, the fall. This week is the week where the US stations announce their fall line ups aka Upfronts. Today is NBC and Fox, Tuesday is ABC, Wednesday is CBS and Thursday will be The CW. Last year's Canadian Upfronts were in late May / early June and I hope this year they will be as well!

Before we get excited about the fall-new shows, let's stay here in spring with our sole new show of the week: Coupled, on Fox. Usually I don't share something that is only on a US station but now that I get all the US networks on my snazzy new antenna I can feel myself softening on that habit. Coupled is a dating shows, following 12 women to travel to Anguilla to meet men and we get to follow them around including being privy to their text conversations. Oh my, I wonder if the contestants know that when they are texting each other. I might check it out just because I love trying new shows, and I need something until UnReal starts up again!

Tuesday May 17, 2016


Coupled on Fox (Series Premiere)

Here is more on the show:

"Entertainment personality Terrence ``J'' Jenkins hosts the Mark Burnett-executive-produced dating series that follows 12 intelligent and professional women looking for love. The women travel to the Caribbean islands where they meet with eligible men and decide who they would like to know better. As the couples form, the cameras follow their stories, revealing whether they have what it takes to create something lasting. The show also gives viewers a peek into the couples' electronic communications, displaying their text conversations on screen."

If you love TV, you can also check out my Where to Watch TV Online in Canada Listing and hear me chat about TV Musings over at my YouTube Channel.

Although we are light on the new show front, there are lots of finales this week including Survivor, The Catch, Grimm and The Originals. Another season is coming to a close. What have been your favourites this year?

No comments: