Tuesday, May 03, 2016

April 2016 Reading Wrap Up


April was a mammoth reading month for me. I love the idea of wrap ups, but this month I struggled to put this in one vlog because I had 18+ titles. I am wondering if it's better to share in a different way. Some of the ideas I'm considering are wait until I read a few books in one genre or type and share them together, decide to talk more in depth but only about the books I really enjoyed, talk about them super briefly, discuss by rating.... so many options!

I considered that possibly grouping books by month was losing meaning, but then I remembered that I do actually have a Reading Plan to read 1 book at a time of a bunch of different genres/types/categories. Now, I am tracking this monthly but I'm not holding myself to read one of each of the categories by month because some books take longer than that. For this vlog, I decided to share the books I read for my priority categories. Given that still is a lot, I wonder if there is a better way. I will continue to noodle that one.

Books Mentioned:

  • Canadian: Come, Thou Tortoise by Jessica Grant
  • Non-Fiction: An Improvised Life: A Memoir by Alan Arkin
  • Book Club *: The Magpie Lord by K.J. Charles
  • Book Club Alternate: Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • Those Books / Book to TV Adaptation: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
  • Those Books / Book to Film Adaptation: The BFG by Roald Dahl
  • Shakespeare: Henry IV, Part 1 by William Shakespeare
  • Science Fiction: Zero World by Jason M. Hough
  • Lumberjanes, Issues 1 - 8
  • The Quest of Iranon by H.P. Lovecraft

* The Vaginal Fantasy Book Club had their Hangout for The Magpie Lord.  It's their 50th episode, Congrats Ladies!.

How about you? Do you like to sum up what you've read by month? By year?  By series?  Or a different mechanism?   I'd love to hear how you wrap up your reading (or if you don't worry about it at all) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love books? See more reading goodness on my YouTube Channel or friend me on GoodReads!


No comments: