Monday, April 25, 2016

TV This Week: April 25 - May 1, 2016 ~ New and Returning Shows


Eva Green, Josh Hartnett and Billie Piper of Penny Dreadful

This week it's a lot quieter for new and returning shows, with only one new and one returning show. That said, the one returning show is Penny Dreadful and for me it certainly garners "the one" status. I've loved the gorgeous gothic series from Season 1 and given that Season 2 left on quite an open note I'm very curious to where they will go from here.

Although it's not new or returning, I wanted to mention Reign this week as is returning from it's hiatus and is also changing nights. It's one where the Canadian and US airings are slightly different, so it can be a bit challenging to find on the TV schedule. Season 3 of Reign resumes Monday April 25, 2015 at 8pm EST on The CW and 9pm EST on E!. It also airs Tuesday at 9pm EST on CTV2. I've not been able to keep up with Reign this season, and I was worried about it given the long hiatus but that worry has been for naught as it's been renewed for Season 4. More political strategizing, pretty dresses and romance for Reign fans!

On top of new shows this week, we also have season finales of both Lucifer and Scorpion on Monday night. I'm sad to see Season 1 of Lucifer is already coming to a close, it is so funny and playful with great chemistry between the cast. I've looked forward to it every week. Both Lucifer and Scorpion have been renewed, so we'll be seeing more of them in the future.

Wednesday April 27, 2016


My Floating Home on HGTV (Series Premiere)

This is a new one to me, and it follows families who go from idea to actuality of living on a home on the water. I can't even quite imagine that, what a journey it would be! I wonder what the draw of living on the water is, and what the practicalities of making it happen could be. If you are curious too, check out the show! HGTV will air 2 x half-hour episodes a week, Wednesdays at 10pm and 10:30pm ET.

Sunday May 1, 2016


Penny Dreadful on TMN (Season 3 Premiere)

I am so excited for Penny Dreadful Season 3. When it first came out I was so impressed by how it dripped with dark and beautiful imagery, had compelling stories and a fascinating approach on telling the tales of the supernatural. It continued to deliver season after season, pulling us in to the lives of amazing and tormented characters. I can't wait to see what they've cooked up for the characters in Season 3. It's sure to be dark and beautiful, and that's good enough for me!

If you love TV, you can also check out my Where to Watch TV Online in Canada Listing and hear me chat about TV Musings over at my YouTube Channel.

That's the shows for the week. What are you planning on checking out?

No comments: