Monday, September 21, 2015

Fall TV 2015 ~ Where to Watch TV Shows Online In Canada


Fall is upon us, and with that Fall TV is coming at us fast and hard. We've already had a few new and returning shows pop up but as of Sept 21, 2015 we are going to have a crazy onslaught of TV at our fingertips. To help find what you can watch were, I've created this listing for new and returning shows that are available to watch online here in Canada.

Year after year, I'm suprized, impressed and overwhelmed by the amount of new shows that come our way. This year I've got my eye on Heroes Reborn, Scream Queens, Blindspot and Quantico. CBC has some very interesting Canadian programming and I can wait for including Chris Haddock's new series The Romeo Section and of arts program Exhibitionists which will talk to creators across the country. I always keep my eye out for any science fiction and this year I'm looking forward to Childhood's End and The Expanse, but sadly they don't start until December! Oh boy. There will be lots to keep us going until then, but it still feels so long away. For returning series I'm looking forward too, this season we'll get more of The Voice, Arrow, Grimm, Elementary and Scorpion.

This listing is for shows that began as of September 2015 and have their seasons run through the Fall and/or through Fall and Winter. If there is an earlier show you are looking for that's already finished, feel free to check the, Summer 2015. I am not adding each and every show out there, but I try and share all the ones I'm watching which includes anything epic in nature from science fiction to fantasy to paranormal; a fair amount of reality especially anything in the performing arts and as much Canadian as I can handle. If you want to hear more about what I'm looking forward to and watching, I have a TV Musings section on my YouTube Channel.

The mileage can vary on how many episodes and for how long they are available to watch online. A lot of stations only have one episode available for one week after broadcast, and other stations have up to 3 weeks of episodes available. There is often an exceptions for Canadian series (or co-pros) which may have their full season (or series) available. We've seen more transparency here, with both CTV and Global now indicate when new episodes will be available online and how long it will be available for, and CityTV has a red banner indicating if it is expiring soon. This is a huge help for us who watch shows online! Woohoo.

This list will be updated as new shows become available at their legitimate Canadian Broadcasters websites including CBC, CTV and CTV2, Global, CityTV, Space, Showcase, Slice, HGTV Canada, Food Network, Lifetime Canada, Discovery and History.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Can't find what you are looking for? Try the individual Canadian TV broadcasters websites video pages:

I love that so much TV is available to watch online or via apps, but not ever show is (like my early fave House of DVF). When this happens, the I suggest looking for it in in iTunes, Google Play Store, the Playstation Store (if you have a Playstation) to see if you can buy it. Although it's not free, the big pay off when you buy is that there are no commercials, no expiry dates and you can re-watch to your heart's desire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* A few online viewing options do not have a specific page for watching a singular show, but rather a video player for watching any of their offerings. In those cases I've put the link to the broadcasters website, as opposed to the show. Then either select the show if it's displayed prominently, or click their video library, select your show, the season and then the episode.

No comments: