Summer TV 2015 ~ Where to Watch TV Shows Online In Canada
It's time for the Summer TV Where to Watch Listings! Where does the time go? I'm still trying to finish up a few Fall/Winter shows, although I think I finally finished all the Spring TV I was watching.
Summer holds a special place on the TV schedule for many shows, particularly for reality TV and we have lots of reality mainstays to looks forward to this summer. We are already well into the crab season for 11th season of Deadliest Catch, So You Think You Can Dance just started it's 12th season and it will be the 17th summer in the Big Brother house. That's mind boggling. 17 summers. It started back when people didn't think reality TV would stick. Well folks, it did. Other awesome reality shows to enjoy this summer include Food Network Star (one of my faves of last year), and make up competition show Face Off. A new show that may interest reality fans is UnREAL, it's set behind-the-scenes of a fictional romantic reality series. I loved the first episode, and hope the whole season is just as strong.
If you perfect dramas, there are still many shows to enjoy and some of my faves include Teen Wolf, Beauty and the Beast, and Hannibal. There are also a fair amount of new series, especially of the science fiction variety. We have Dark Matter which features a crew in space that wakes up with no memory and Killjoys which centres on mercenaries in space. We also have Zoo, which is based on a James Patterson novel about animals acting strangely. Any show with animals is going to get me to turn in, so I can't wait! There is more returning scifi series too with Extant and Under the Dome both coming back this summer.
For sports fans, we'll also have the PanAm Games that are hosted here in Toronto from July 10 - 26, 2015 and will be covered on CBC.
This listing is for shows that began as of June 2015 (or earlier) and have their seasons run through the summer. If there is an earlier show you are looking for that's already finished, feel free to check the, Spring 2015, Winter 2015 or Fall 2014 TV Listing. Online viewing has been pretty consistent recently with having the most recent episode available online for 1 week after broadcast, with some exceptions including Canadian series (or co-pros) which may have their full season (or series) available. We've seen more transparency here, with both CTV and Global now indicate when new episodes will be available online and how long it will be available for. This is a huge help for us who watch shows online, thank you CTV and Global!
This list will be updated as new shows become available at their legitimate Canadian Broadcasters websites including CBC, CTV and CTV2, Global, CityTV, Space, Showcase, Slice, HGTV Canada, Food Network, Lifetime Canada, Discovery and History.
- Teen Wolf (Season 5) on MTV Canada
- Atlantis (Season 2B) on Space
- So You Think You Can Dance (Season 12) on CTV
- UnREAL (Series Premiere) on Lifetime *
- The Musketeers (Season 2) on Showcase
- When the Heart Calls (Series Premiere) on CBC
- Deadliest Catch (Season 11) on Discovery.ca
- Deadliest Catch: The Bait on Discovery.ca
- Face Off (Season 9) on Space
- Zoo (Series Premiere) on CTV
- Pretty Little Liars (Season 6) on M3
- Ripper Street (Season 3) on Space
- Big Brother (Season 17) on Global ** airs Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday
- The Amazing Race Canada (Season 3) on CTV
- Extant (Season 2) on Global
- Masterchef (Season 6) on CTV
- The Escape Artist (Mini Series) on Bravo
- Rookie Blue (Season 6) on Global
- Hannibal (Season 3) on CityTV
- Wayward Pines (Series Premiere) on CityTV
- Under the Dome (Season 3) on Global
- Between (Series Premiere) on CityTV
- Food Network Star (Season 11) on Food Network.ca
- Beauty and the Beast (Season 3) on Showcase
- Defiance (Season 3) on Showcase
- The Last Ship (Season 2) on Space
- CTV and CTV Two
- Food Network
- HGTV Canada
- Lifetime Canada
Summer has lots of new shows to enjoy, and this season I've noticed again we have a fair few shows that are not available to watch online, such as Aquarius, The Island with Bear Grylls, Bullseye and American Ninja Warrior, For these shows, you often have the option to buy via iTunes or at the Google Play Store. The big pay off when you paid for watching them this way is that there are no commercials!
For online-only viewers, shows often are available for 1 week starting the day after they air, unless you have a cable subscription and can log into the TV station website. The exception to the rule is Canadian shows on specialty channels, which often have the entire season/series available online.
* A few online viewing options do not have a specific page for watching a singular show, but rather a video player for watching any of their offerings. In those cases I've put the link to the broadcasters website, as opposed to the show. Then either select the show if it's displayed prominently, or click their video library, select your show, the season and then the episode.