Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time Capsule: February 2015


Time to take a time capsule look at February. I think I'm noticing the winter months will be heaving on the watching/reading and less heavy in some of the other categories. I think the snow has something to do with it. Feel free to play along and create your own time capsule post!


1. What are you reading?
I'm in the middle of several books including In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick for the 2015 Book to Film Challenge, Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for the Those Books Exploration, and Le Morte D'Arthur which will probably take me all year (or longer) to read. I'm also having a blast over at Good Reads with the new Harlequin group that was created, and readers and authors alike are sharing stories of enjoying romance.



2. What are you watching?
In terms of TV, I'm still feeling overwhelmed by how much there is to watch and yet I don't feel like I'm watching much at all. I am thrilled that both Bitten and Face Off have started new seasons, and am also quite enjoying Eye Candy. I'm also catching up on Season 2 of Beauty and the Beast, which I am really enjoying and even more so now that I know it has been renewed for a fourth season, before the third even airs. Films I've enjoyed recently including The Maze Runner and Kiss of the Damned (hear Marina & I discuss it over at Before the Dawn). I've also been exploring romantic thrillers as a genre, and I didn't even think of that *as* a genre until recently and now I realized I was previously just thinking of them as not-good horror films, rather than a genre all their own.

3. What are you listening to?
I have been loving Jessie J's album Sweet Talker, in particular the songs Masterpiece and Bang Bang.


4. What are you playing?
I haven't been playing as much these days, although I still continue to play Farm Heroes Saga (level 200-ish) and Just Dance. I gotta get back to Destiny!


5. What are you loving?
I'm a little stumped by this one today! Oh.. maybe nail polish. Been slightly obsessed with doing my nails recently.


6. What are you creating?
I feel like I'm in the middle of lots of things, and one that I'm on the home stretch for is a v-neck sweater. I have the front and back done, so it's just the sleeves to go and then assembly & a neckband (first time for that). I was going to start a new sweater, but then considering I'm in the middle of 2 I thought it might be better to finish one especially if I want to wear it before this winter is done!

7. What's are you thinking about?
So many things! I'm thinking about drawing. I'm thinking about habit formation, and a way to share the habits I've been working on so far this year. I've also been thinking about apartments because it is time to find one!

8. What are you looking forward to?
Spring! Or at least no snow. We had a long-delayed snowy part to winter this year, and I'm not loving it. I love the beauty of it and the calm of it, but not the hard-to-get-around part of it!

9. What's the theme of today, today (or this month, etc)?
The theme is today is facing things head on. With a cup of tea, of course.


3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm curious about the painting at the beginning Shannon, looks like publishing layout to me which is cool.

That is some heavy-duty reading Shannon, impressive!

I haven't even heard of Eye Candy!

Love the sound of that Harlequin group and OMG, that photo of Mr. Man is awesome!

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie! That top images was something I just did in a mixed media journal with excess paint. I wonder what it will become, or if it will stay as is.

Eye Candy is pretty interesting, it kind of reminds me of Veronica Mars except she's a hacker not a PI. Some of the content is disturbing though, crime related and such, so it's a bit of a challenge to recommend. BUT it's on MTV so it's not that serious per se, but it's more disturbing than say, Teen Wolf.

I HAVE to end these posts with a cat picture, it's blog tradition!

Janet Miles said...

Love the nails and the v-neck sweater!