Tuesday, December 02, 2014

ST:TNG 6.19 Lessons ~ Star Trek: The Next Generation Re-Watch

Above Image Source: TrekCore

Star Trek: The Next Generation Re-Watch continues with ...

Lessons
Season 6, Episode 19

Ah, Lessons. I think of this one as "Picard gets a girlfriend" episode, and it's a very short lived relationship. She's new to the ship, they share a common interest in music and things move very fast. Now that I watch a lot more long-arc shows, it's very strange to see an entire relationship happen in 1 episode. It's also really strange that this is the only appearance of this character as they part ways after Picard realizes he wouldn't put her in danger again and that's of course likely to happen in the course of space exploration.

I have mixed feelings about this one, as the things I like are odd: her roll-up piano, the scene where Picard and her play music in the Jeffries tube and the knowing look and questions from Beverly. But, I always felt bad that I didn't this character more both in the relationship with Picard and how she was on the ship. I can't put my finger on what it is that I don't like. One possibility is that the relationship seemed odd to happen to fast, but they've done that successfull before with 3.08 The Price, 4.23 The Host and 5.17 The Outcast all established relationships in one episode. Maybe it's not liking that they can't find a way to make it work, or maybe it's not feeling like she was a good fit for Picard. A bit of a mystery.

My project pairing is going well, as my Cabled Afghan Blanket has several more squares attached. Woohoo!


2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I been reading your sister Suzie blog for ages and enjoy it. Now I thought I would add her sisters blog to my reading list.

I been making our dog "Daisy" out of odds and end of yarn.

Hope you find the time to stop in for some coffee.

peppylady (Dora) said...

oh I should tell you what I'm Daisy. A crochet blanket