Sunday, November 30, 2014

Star Trek: The Next Generation Re-Watch Resumes


It's been a long time since I've shared anything relating to my Star Trek: The Next Generation re-watch. Almost a year! This is due to many factors and lots of life changes, and it not being on Netflix for quite a stretch. When I came back to it, I initially revisited a few episodes per season but then I decided to just dive back in where I left off. Given that it's been over 2 years since I started this project and I was only a season and a half to completion, I think the key is to enjoy re-watching the final episodes and finish this project off.

I was stumped on how to share these final 35 episodes. I love the archive of reflections I've created up until mid sixth season, but I know I can not keep up that practice as it's too labour intensive. My life has changed so much since Sept 2012 when this all started, and I've learned that I have to manage my energy and my time more carefully now. I am still hoping to share the process, but in a less intensive way because my goal now is to finish watching. If I can share... great! But if that holds me up, I might have to let it go.

I've also paired watching the episodes while assembling the squares of my Cabled Afghan Blanket. And wouldn't you know it, it takes about 1 episode to do 1 square, and I have roughly the number of squares as their are episodes left to watch. I'm taking that as a good sign.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is quite the good sign Shannon! And a great way to combine two of your favourite things together: knitting and Star Trek.

It is so challenging when what we want isn't something we can always do. I think trying and then if it doesn't work, let it go is a wise approach. That said, enjoy the process!