Fall TV 2014 ~ Where to Watch TV Shows Online in Canada
It's time to share where to watch Fall TV for the 2014 season! I can't believe it's been a year since the last Fall/Winter season started with hits like Sleepy Hollow and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. This year we will see several shows like Lost Girl, Glee and Parenthood head into their final season. It's too early to tell how we'll remember this year, but I'm always curious to what the stand outs will be.
I'm looking forward to several of the new shows including Strange Empire, The Flash and Constantine, and am quite curious about Scorpion and Selfie. We also have tons of returning shows to enjoy, I'm eagerly anticipating the returns of Arrow, Grimm, Elementary, Lost Girl and of course The Voice. My tastes definitely are in the science fiction and fantasy vein, a fair few reality shows, and although I'm not a fan of procedurals but a few might slip in. If you want to hear more about the shows I'm excited for, check out my vlogs for New Shows Starting in September and Returning Shows Starting in September over at my YouTube channel. I do these previews monthly, so be sure the check back of TV Musings Playlist for more videos throughout the year.
Things have changed so much in online viewing in the past year, from CTV's Extend giving making more online content to almost all stations having their own apps (I'm in love with the Space Go app). For online viewing, we still do have most stations making less episodes available or for a shorter period of time. I have to admit that now that I have a phone that's capable of streaming shows, I find I'm watching less online but I still want to keep this resource going for those who watch at their computer.
This listing is primarily shows that started September 2014 or later. There are a few summer shows that stay with us going into the fall including Face Off, The Strain, Extant which will stay on the summer page because this one will get mighty full. For a summer-to-fall shows, check out my Summer TV Listing.
This list will be updated as new shows become available at their legitimate Canadian Broadcasters websites including CBC, CTV and CTV2, Global, CityTV, Space, Showcase, Slice, HGTV Canada, Food Network, Lifetime Canada, Discovery and History.
- The Voice (Season 7) airs Mondays and Tuesdays on CTV Two
- Forever (Series Premiere) on CTV
- Strange Empire (Series Premiere) on CBC
- Murdoch Mysteries (Season 8) on CBC
- Gotham (Series Premiere) on CTV
- Scorpion (Series Premiere) on CityTV
- Sleepy Hollow (Season 2) on Global
- Leave it to Bryan (Season 4) on HGTV.ca
- Kingdom (Series Premiere) on Bravo.ca
- The Big Bang Theory (Season 8) on CTV
- The Blacklist (Season 2) on Global
- Chicago Fire (Season 3) on Global
- The Flash (Series Premiere) on CTV
- The Rick Mercer Report (Season 12) on CBC
- 22 Minutes (Season 22) on CBC
- The Honourable Woman (Series Premiere) on CBC
- Town of the Living Dead (Series Premiere) on Space
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (Season 2) on CTV
- Person of Interest (Season 4) on CTV
- Tackle My Reno (Series Premiere) on HGTV.ca
- Utopia (Series Premiere) airs Tuesdays and Fridays on CityTV
- Arrow (Season 3) on CTV
- Top Chef Duels (Series Premiere) on Food Network.ca
- Dragon's Den (Season 9) on CBC
- Republic of Doyle (Season 6) on CBC
- Survivor ~ San Juan del Sur ~ Blood vs Water 2 (Season 29) on Global
- Hell's Kitchen (Season 13) on CityTV
- Ice Road Truckers (Season 8) on History.ca
- Black-ish (Series Premiere) on CityTV
- Chicago PD (Season 2) on Global
- Dominion (Series Premiere) on Showcase
- Elementary (Season 3) on Global
- Haven (Season 5) on Showcase
- The Vampire Diaries (Season 6) on CTV Two
- Parenthood (Season 6) on Global
- Gracepoint (Series Premiere) on Global
- Top Chef (Season 12: Boston) on Food Network.ca
- Lost Girl (Season 5) on Showcase
- House of Bryan: In the Sticks on HGTV.ca
- Q with Jian Ghomeshi (Season 8) on CBC
- The Good Wife (Season 6) on Global
- Heartland (Season 8) on CBC
- Janet King (Series Premiere) on CBC
- Once Upon a Time (Season 4) on CTV
- Resurrection (Season 2) on CTV
- CTV and CTV Two
- Food Network
- HGTV Canada
- Lifetime Canada
Sadly, there are always a handful of shows that are not available to watch online, such as Outlander which is one of my new faves, and if history repeats itself Supernatural, The Originals and The Walking Dead all fall into this category. The Biggest Loser S16 Glory Days is another one that's not online, having switched from CityTY to CTS. For these shows, you often have the option to buy via iTunes or at the Google Play Store. The big pay off there is: no commercials!
For online-only viewers, shows often are available for 1 week starting the day after they air, unless you have a cable subscription and can log into the TV station website. The exception to the rule is Canadian shows on specialty channels, which often have the entire season/series available online. Keep an eye on the shows you enjoy and plan your viewing accordingly :)
* A few online viewing options do not have a specific page for watching a singular show, but rather a video player for watching any of their offerings. In those cases I've put the link to the broadcasters website, as opposed to the show. Then either select the show if it's displayed prominently, or click their video library, select your show, the season and then the episode.