Monday, December 02, 2013

Time Capsule: Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon Day 2


It's Day 2 of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon and today's prompt is Time Capsule. Let's take a moment to capture this moment in time:

1. What are you reading?   
2. What are you watching? 
 I'm in the final push of my SciFi Surprize Series and a Teen Wolf Season 3 Watch, but most recently I watched Byzantium, a fantastic vampire film starring Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan.
 
3. What are you listening to?  
A lot of Johnny Cash, but for newer-stuff I'm totally loving Royals by Lorde
 
4. What are you loving?  
Being excited about things. It's a nice change!
 
5. What are you wearing?  
Jammies! Hehe.  They include awesome capri-length track pants from Old Navy. So nice to have non-hem-needed options for us short folk.
 
6. What are you creating? 
I'm knitting a red poncho (see above!) and a pair of legwarmers.
 
7. What are you looking forward to? 
The second Hobbit movie.  I loved the first one so much, I am excited to dive back into that world. 


Looking at the different answers, I realize almost every thing is related to some kind of project or challenge. That's kind of weird. True, but weird.

This December Jamie and I are bringing the fun back to blogging with old skool prompts every day! Join us here to get in on the fun of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon!

 photo STTNG519TheFirstDuty8_zps5b015c6a.jpg

22 comments:

Kristina said...

Fellow Teen Wolf watcher! Ooh and the Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is going to be AWESOME! My sister and I HAVE to see this one in theaters. We only saw the last LOTR movie in theaters which seems like a travesty, and I refuse to miss Benedict Cumberbatch in all his dragon-voicing glory.

girlunwinding said...

We just rented the Hobbit and watched it this weekend because I have to see Smaug on the Big Screen!! can't wait for that one either-eeeeh
knitting a RED poncho, nice! my knitting needles have been on ice for some months now. I have several projects to finish but when the mojo ain't there it don't work.
Have a great Day!
Peace~
Dawn

Joyfully Donna said...

I am looking forward to the new Hobbit movie, too! And knitting...sitting on the couch and knitting away the hours! =)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that we're all looking forward to The Hobbit movie!!

And truly, I'm also looking forward to all of those beautiful things you're creating, hehe. Lucky me!!

Dale Anne Potter said...

A knitting Sci Fi person....Wouldn't have guessed that Shannon! LOVE learning NEW things about people.

Gabrielle said...

awww Shannon - you so totally rock :)

Tery Lynne said...

Love the Red Poncho!!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love knowing what is going on with you Shannon and I feel the same way about The Hobbit!

Deborah Weber said...

Love your knitting! That red is swoon worthy. And I'll have to put Byzantium on the viewing list.

Janet Miles said...

Love the poncho! Glad I am not the only one in my PJs!

Helen said...

Yay for knitting and Johnny Cash!

Sherry Smyth said...

I hear you on the hems for short people...when you find something that you're not dragging around on the floor like your pants are filled with a wet diaper, it is a good day isn't it?! ;)

The Smiths said...

Love the kicky red knitting! Thanks for sharing all your picks! - Laura Smith

Cynthia Lee said...

oh Johnny Cash! takes me back to my childhood. My mother listened to him all the time.

Fran said...

A red Poncho that sounds delightful!

Marianne said...

I love that Ponchos are becoming so popular again. They are so easy to knit and you can get creative with your stitches without having to worry about sleeves.

Natasha Papousek said...

Sounds like you are comfy and cozy and enjoying life. I am looking forward to seeing the new Hobbit movie with hubby over X-Mas.

Red poncho sounds wonderful! Knitting is so therapeutic!

Serena said...

Oh my God, I so hear you on the coolness of NOT having to hem pj bottoms (or any pants, for that matter!) I'm 5'2" and I've been desperately searching for pjs that fit me right. The Old Navy ones are too long for me!! Byzantium looks really juicy. Gotta check it out. Love Johnny Cash, and Lorde's tune is so good but I can't listen to it as it gets stuck in my head and then I can't get it out for nothing. Lol! Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and the damn song is still going in your head? Sigh.

... and I'm Letting the Words Escape said...

Love the idea of being in love with getting excited about things. Me too!

Kara Chipoletti Jones said...

Oh oh oh the Hobbit movie!! I totally forgot that was coming out! loooove!

S.M. Hutchins said...

I love your answer to "What are you loving?" It is great to be excited about things. It's a bit of a change for me, too, and I'm happy to say I share that sentiment now.

Shannon said...

I'm so excited to see so many fellow Hobbit (and poncho) fans! I can't wait to read everyone's entries to this fun meme :)