Monday, December 09, 2013

Favourite Movies: Kickin' It Old Skool Day #9


Today is Day #9 the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon we are sharing our favourite movies.

Some of my faves include the ones shown above: Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope), Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Twilight, Big Trouble in Little China, King Arthur (2004) and The Wild Hunt.  There are lots more, but many of my films are in storage and couldn't make the picture but hold true in my heart. You should have seen me FREAK OUT when I realized the lunacy of packing the Aliens Quadrilogy. It was quite a moment.

There are also many films that I like to enjoy during the holiday season: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (and now also The Hobbit), The Harry Potter Series and King Arthur. I recently I figured out that the common denominator is that I either saw them for first time during the holidays or they either have snow in them. And if I could find myself a copy of The Dog Who Stopped The War, that would be on the holiday list too.  If anyone is looking or a non-traditional holiday movie, I highly recommend the Finnish film Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. Fair warning: it's not for kid, even though it's a Christmas film.

I'm so curious to see everyone's posts!  I can't wait to dive in to the links today.

This December Jamie and I are bringing the fun back to blogging with old skool prompts every day! Join us here to get in on the fun of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon!

 photo STTNG519TheFirstDuty8_zps5b015c6a.jpg

3 comments:

Serena said...

Gosh, your mentioning King Arthur reminded me of one of my all time favorites which I'd totally forgotten about. Excalibur. I love that movie. And I know I saw and really enjoyed Big Trouble in Little China many years ago (love Kurt Russell), but now it reminded me of another of my faves - Overboard! This is so fun!

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, I love seeing the "core" movies you absolutely have to have at all times. You know, I freaked out when I realized I didn't include Aliens in my list yesterday!

Joyfully Donna said...

Harry Potter is on my list of favorite movies, too.