Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A SWAP! And A Colour Meme: Kickin' It Old Skool Day #3



It's Day 3 of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blogathon and it's SWAP time!  How Old Skool is that?  To participated in the SWAP be sure to check the details on today's post.

But we have to have something to post about too, no?  Of course we do!  So Jamie & I found this awesome colour meme from 2006 for everyone to enjoy.  I can't wait to read people's answers!

[ RED ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red?  Square Pegs "It's red. Really, really red".
  2. Closest red thing to you? A placemat under my mousepad.
  3. What is the last thing to make you angry? Waiting.
  4. Are you a fan of romance? My instinct is to say now, but I've been reading tons of Harlequins recently so that doesn't feel like a truth.
  5. Do you have a temper? Yep.  Often people don't believe me when I say that, but it's true.  I try not to let it get the best of me.
[ GREEN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green? Envy.
  2. Closest green thing to you? Yarn crocheted in a project Jamie made for me.
  3. What's your favourite green environment? The tropical building at the zoo where birds fly around.  Allen Gardens is a close second.
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now? No one specifically, but in general probably a lot.
  5. Are you a lucky person? I have my moments, but recently I came to realize that I think I'm rather unlucky overall - which was eye opening in an odd way, made me realize so many things aren't in my control.
[ PURPLE ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Fly Lady
  2. Closest purple thing to you? The spine of the 4th Season of Babylon 5 Box.
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty? Not really.
  4. Do you like mysterious things? Yes!
  5. Are you intuitive? Yes. More in terms of people than things though.
[ BLUE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue? That it was Suzie's favourite colour when I was growing up (I'm not sure if it still is though)
  2. Closest blue thing to you? My shirt.
  3. Are you good at calming people down? I'm pretty good at that if it's someone I know.  Terrible with strangers though.
  4. What's your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? Swimming pools!
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry?  Hard to explain exactly what it was, but I cried on the subway today!  I hate crying in public.  Just leaked out though.
  6. Are you a logical thinker? Yes.  Sometimes to a fault!
[ YELLOW ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? Bright
  2. Closest yellow thing to you? The walls.
  3. What was one of the happiest time(s) of your life? Probably to film festivals, something I can't do anymore.
  4. What's your favourite holiday? Halloween.
  5. What makes you happy? So many things!  Purrs from the cat, hanging out with family or even when something I buy is on sale!
[ PINK ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink? That it may be the last colour that's still strongly associated with gender.
  2. Closest pink thing to you? A post-it note with Teen Wolf character names on it.
  3. What sweet things do you like? Little kid birthday cat.
  4. Are you sensitive? I try not to be.
  5. What is your favourite flower? Gerber daisies.
  6. Does you have a crush on someone? Not at the moment.
[ ORANGE ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange? That it makes me smile
  2. Closest orange thing to you? My blanket
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween? Occasionally
  4. What gives you the warms fuzzies? People who smile.
  5. What would your super power be? to FLY!

[ BROWN ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown? The wild difference between warm browns and cool browns that I noticed when marker shopping the other day.
  2. Closest brown thing to you? My cat (he's a tabby, but I think it still counts)
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate? Mint Areo and Caramilk both rank very high.
  4. What makes you feel grounded? Enough money in the bank to get by month to month.
  5. Paint the wood, or always leave it au natuel? If it's particle-board-ish than paint it, but otherwise I think I've converted to au natual (sealed though, because I'm messy).
[ WHITE ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white? Kitchen cupboards, in particular the ones in one of Jamie's apartments that we painted. Several times.
  2. Closest white thing to you? My to do list notebook.
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace? Yes.
  4. Do you like to play in the snow? I like looking at the snow from inside.  I find it a little hard to plan in these days.
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? I don't normally like it, but I have build up a lot of trust with my health care folks over the years.

[ BLACK ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black? The never ending search for the perfect black pants.
  2. Closest black thing to you? My phone.
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Silly.
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Maybe.  I'm a little stumped on that one.
  5. What's the new black? Black is *always* the new black.

Remember if you want to sign up for the SWAP check out today's post for the details.

This December Jamie and I are bringing the fun back to blogging with old skool prompts every day! Join us here to get in on the fun of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon!

 photo STTNG519TheFirstDuty8_zps5b015c6a.jpg

2 comments:

Janet Miles said...

I really like the idea of Fly Lady but was so overwhelmed by all of the constant emails. Thanks for sharing!

Gabrielle said...

this meme was fun, but I probably shouldn't be allowed to participate in a swap....until....well.....you know. LOL ;)