Thursday, December 05, 2013

10 Things About Me: Kickin' It Old Skool Day #5



Today is Day #5 at the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon we are sharing 10 Things About Me! Let's get started!

1. I'm a huge Star Trek fan, especially the classics: The Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
2. I've always loved hanging out with my sisters and going though magazines, and my brother is always welcome although I don't think it's quite his thing :)
3. I love lions. And cats. And cat-like creature actually.
4. As a general practice, I never ask a question that I would not answer in return.
5. I love fruit, and usually intent to just buy what is on sale but when I'm in the store I often just follow my nose.
6. I've always loved to share.
7. I'm a recent converter to reading via Kobo. Which conveniently (or serendipitously) coincides with the fact that all but 3 of my books are in storage.
8. I love the tarot, and keep wanted to get back in the practice of working with my cards.
9. I've been blogging for 7 years! I've had many blogs over the years, and definitely taken a hiatus or two but this one is my original, and most consistent, home.
10. I'm a hard-core completist. Although I had to re-evaluate that after watching all of Stargate SG-1.



This December Jamie and I are bringing the fun back to blogging with old skool prompts every day! Join us here to get in on the fun of the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon!

 photo STTNG519TheFirstDuty8_zps5b015c6a.jpg

15 comments:

Kristina said...

Star Trek for the win! Also love the philosophy on asking questions, it's a good practice to have.

Steph Snider said...

Love it!

Tink said...

Greetings from another Trekkie! :)

Janet Miles said...

LOL the cat looks huge! We have a cat that is 25 pounds and has to go on a diet! I like that you would not ask a question you would not answer!

Joyfully Donna said...

Yay! Star Trek! And I, too, am a cat-lover (there seem to be a lot of us.

creamycitydreamsicle said...

Live long and prosper! <3

Dale Anne Potter said...

AWESOME Shannon!
I'm a convertor to e-book for right now, but still LOVE an actual book in my hands.

JTru said...

So fun getting to know you hostess with the mostess!! Fun clips and tidbits.

Johanne said...

Starting to blog when it was not the "in thing" surely makes you an avant-garde women, Shannon.

Deborah Weber said...

Sisterly magazine camaraderie, and with cat supervision to boot - how fun. Love the other photo as well. Enjoyed this peek into you Shannon!

nowandzenn said...

Like a few others here, definitely a Trek fan. Enjoyed reading your 10 Things list.

Beverley Baird said...

I've always loved Star Trek, especially the originals. 3 seconds in of a show and I know which one it is. Love most sci fi tho. Just got a kobo but I still love to hold a book when I read.
Great to get to know more about you!

Penny said...

Cats are the best. I could look at them all day. That might explain why we have three.

Ceanne Bateman said...

I love Star Trek too! Have watched all of the series!

James Higgins said...

As always I like to follow what you do. I love that pic with you and the camera. Your smile brittens a room. Keep blogging I hope I can get back to it one day