Monday, November 11, 2013

A Bump in the eBook Transition, Or...Where Have All My Tree Books Gone?


One of the oddest transitions with my recent move is not having my tree books (aka physical books) around me.  I didn't think that would be odd as I read almost everything on Kobo and therefore decided to put are in storage.  In fact, all but 6 books or so book I have are in storage and of those 6 most reference or non-fiction. The only fiction book I have is one that I've not read: The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty, and I bought on a bit of a lark at the grocery store when I felt super-entitled to a treat just for me.

But it's weird to not have have piles and piles & shelves and shelves of books.  It's weird, but I've been doing okay.  Mostly.  At least I was was until yesterday, when I found out my library card has expired and can't borrow any more eBooks until I renew it!  Time to get myself to my local library.  And maybe say hi to some tree books while I'm there.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I recently donated many many tree books as I have them in soft copies now.

Shannon said...

It's amazing for things to change so much, I read most of my books ebook style from the library and I love that I can do that. But there is something about tree books that I love too.