Monday, October 07, 2013

A to Z Book Survey ~ Meme Goodness


I can't remember the last time I did a meme!  I love memes, and since I've been feeling very bookish recently I thought why not do this awesome A to Z one that I found over at The Bluestocking Society.  Apparently it started over at Perpetual Page Turner (pretty awesome site! and totally new to me).

I actually wrote this one up a few days ago, but hanged back a bit with the feeling that my answers weren't "interesting" enough, but then I realized not posting it because of that was sillier than posting it.  Not that I have any problem being silly!  Anyhow, silly or not here are my answers....

A uthor you’ve read the most books from: Oh my. Starting with a stumper. Likely Jennifer Roberson for The Chronicles of the Cheysuli and Sword Dancer series. That's from my early days of reading, I don't think there is anyone recent who can top 14.

B est Sequel Ever: New Moon. It's still my favourite of the Twilight series.

C urrently Reading: The Sea by John Banville, Insurgent by Veronica Roth and Falcon's Run by Aimee Thurio.

D rink of Choice While Reading: Tea.

E -reader or Physical Book? I'm a newly avid Kobo reader, although I do love physical books as well.

F ictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School: Totally stumped by this question.

G lad You Gave This Book A Chance: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

H idden Gem Book: Sea Change by Aimee Friedman.

I mportant Moment in your Reading Life: Twilight got me back into reading after a 10-year hiatus, so that's huge. Creating the Book to Film Club was also an extremely powerful, enlightening and challenging experience.

J ust Finished: Copper Lake Encounter by Marilyn Pappano.

K inds of Books You Won’t Read: Crime. I'm not interested in the active act or harming other people. Ever.

L ongest Book You’ve Read: I'm not 100% sure, but I can't imagine anything could rival Stephen King's It which I read when I was a kid.

M ajor book hangover because of: I don't understand this one, if it's like needed recovery from binge-reading than ...uh, I haven't been affected by that.

N umber of Bookcases You Own: 5. Two of the large ones are for movies, and the other three are books and journals.  All of them are currently disassembled for the move.

O ne Book You Have Read Multiple Times: Sword Dancer by Jennifer Roberson.

P referred Place To Read: It doesn't exist anymore, but the pink chair was definitely the best place.

Q uote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: I don't collect quotes from books, except maybe non-fiction ones as source of inspiration but I don't have anything handy. Do people really remember stuff like that?

R eading Regret: Listening to Animal Farm by George Orwell in audio book form. Oh wow. I will never do that again. I want to envision the characters, not hear one possible version of them. Especially if they are animals.

S eries You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series): Too many! According to my spreadsheet (yes, I have a spreadsheet) I have 20 series I'm currently in the middle of. The ones I actually intend on finishing are Lorien Legacies, The Selection, Darkness Rising, The Mortal Instruments, The Wardstone Chronicles and the Sleepless Trilogy.

T hree of your All-Time Favorite Books: Daughter of the Lion by Jennifer Roberson, Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K.Rowling.

U napologetic Fangirl For: Twilight (specifically Twilight and New Moon).

V ery Excited for This Release More Than All the Others: I don't track upcoming releases that closely, so I'm pretty happy with enjoying things that are already available.

W orst Bookish Habit: Requesting more books than I can read from the library.

X Marks The Spot (start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book): I *just* finished backing my books! But the 27th title on my Kobo is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.

Y our latest book purchase: The Grandmothers by Doris Lessing.

Z ZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): To Sin with a Viking by Michelle Willingham.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to play along? Here is a blank sheet for you to copy/paste :)


A uthor you’ve read the most books from:

B est Sequel Ever:

C urrently Reading:

D rink of Choice While Reading:

E -reader or Physical Book?

F ictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:

G lad You Gave This Book A Chance:

H idden Gem Book:

I mportant Moment in your Reading Life:

J ust Finished:

K inds of Books You Won’t Read:

L ongest Book You’ve Read:

M ajor book hangover because of:

N umber of Bookcases You Own:

O ne Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

P referred Place To Read:

Q uote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

R eading Regret:

S eries You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series):

T hree of your All-Time Favorite Books:

U napologetic Fangirl For:

V ery Excited for This Release More Than All the Others:

W orst Bookish Habit:

X Marks The Spot (start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book):

Y our latest book purchase:

Z ZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):



1 comment:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Great to get to know you better through your reading choices. :)