Images Source: TrekCore
Star Trek: The Next Generation Re-Watch continues with ...
Season 3, Episode 3
- The Enterprise responds to a distress singnal of a planet but when arrives finds only a small patch of vegetation with a structure and one couple living there; Troi describes them as 'different' and then is plagued with re-occuring music playing in her head until she's completely incapacitated.
- Kevin Uxbridge and Rishon Uxbridge are the focus here, as they are The Survivors on the planet and the mystery of the episode is finding out how and why they are different.
- Deanna also is key here as her being incapacitated by the music is a huge clue to the mystery.
- I remember the patch of grass and oddity that it was they were alone and survived the attack, although I could not remember what the reason was or how/if it would be resolved.
- I think it's totally bizarre that Deanna didn't go down to the planet, she sense right from the get go that there is something different about the lone 2 survivors yet she doesn't join the away team. Very odd. And she's got a new outfit (turquoise dress), which I'm surprized was not introduced at the start of the season.
- I totally didn't remember the random alien ship attacking them, and how they put in the line "Look how big it is!" to let us know as well as saying it's 5 times their size and outpowers them but never really damages them.
- The surivors are unnervingly 'fine' to be alone on a planet.
- I didn't really remember too much on this one, and rewatching it I wasn't that engaged even though it does have some great moments, especially with Worf complimenting the house and giving a nod to Kevin for the gall of fending them off with a non working phaser.
- With the reveal of Kevin's character being someone who will not kill, I was surprized I didn't remember this one as I think that's quite an amazing standpoint but I think it's left quite late in the episode to have the discovery and reveal, so I didn't remember it.
- "Good tea. Nice house." - Worf
- "Now, I may not have your gifts at reading emotions, Counselor, but I can tell when someone is in pain, and hiding it." - Picard
- "I'm a man of special conscience. While the others did what they could, I chose not to fight."- Kevin Uxbridge
Picard figures out that Kevin is aline and Rishon is not, and calls him on it to which he reveals he is an immortal being that will not kill but fell for a human woman years ago, and when she died in the battle against the planet he recreated her so that they could live on. Picard relents that they have no resource to put him to trial and leave him be on the planet but he does heal Troi's by removing the repeated music playing in her head.
Images Source: TrekCore