Friday, July 31, 2009

Wreck This Journal - Oh, yeah!

Photobucket

Wow, I can't believe we are now at the end of the Wreck This Journal journey! It's come a long way season week 1 (I almost said Season 1... I've been watching a lot of TV). and I can certainly say mine has trekked and wrecked and been wrecked a lot! I had a lot of fun wrecking when I was visiting Suzie recently and I brought my journal to a trip out to Peggys cove (Suzie's got pics of that here, plus see below). I rubbed it on a rock, shoved it between rocks and even dunked it in a mini pond of ocean-y water ... but then it was super soaked and salty-smelly! It needed to dry out and after leaving it outside not working, an oven on low heat was what finally made it work. After all that I sealed it up and mailed it home to Toronto. I made it back before the journal!

It's been really fun to wreck and play along. One thing that I've really enjoyed using it for has been to track the progress of So You Think You Can Dance Season 5. Normally I have a hard time remembering everyone but this time I documented all the shows starting from top 20 while watching with Jamie and it helped so much. Even though we close out the collective journey today I think my journal wants to keep with me for at least one more week just for that.

Y'know what is one of the craziest things about the process? I could *never* find the fruit sticker page when I wanted to! Never! hehe.

Here's to wrecking goodness! I can't believe it used to look like this only 2 months ago!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

16 comments:

Jamie Ridler said...

Awesome! Of course, WTJ has to stay with you for the SYTYCD finale! Mine will be right beside me too :)

It's been awesome being on this journey with you, Shannon, especially because we've been able to do some stuff in person - like throwing the journals off my roof and taking them for a walk. LOL, that was fun.

I see your journal's gotten even more character since the last time I saw it!

Here's to shared adventures.

Lawendula said...

Looks like real adventures! Happy wrecking!

Alex said...

great wrecking adventures and you are so fortunate to have sisters to share those with!

Grammy said...

What a ride. Wish I were there too. This has been so much fun. I will stop by next week to see your next adventure too.

Sharon said...

I would sure love to travel to the many places in the world our journals have seen during these past 8 weeks! Great Wrecking!

WrightStuff said...

Never mind the fruit sticker page... I could never find ANY page I happened to be looking for! It's been fun sharing the experience with you. You were much braver with water than I was!

Kavindra said...

I love it in the hot oven ... was it catching fire a little there?

You've got all the elements in play here!

Kim said...

I could never find that blasted sticker page either - there I'd be with a fruit sticker stuck to my finger trying to flip through the journal to find the page :)

Great wrecking adventures!!

Suzie the Foodie said...

I'm so thrilled we could do that wrecking together Shannon! Your creative ideas for destruction truly rocked!

Hybrid J said...

Thank you for sharing with us your wreck work! You're a wreck star! :)

Melita said...

looks like you and your journal are pretty tight. you are a fabulous wrecker. it was great sharing in the wrecking journey with you.

Kate said...

You did some awesome wrecking with yours. Glad to be on the journey with you.

Kate

The Other Laura said...

What wonderful wreckage! Thanks for sharing the journey.

NatashaMay said...

You really had fun wrecking! :) Well done.

Kirby3131 said...

Yay!! Someone else who actually mailed the journal a fair distance. Mine was sent about 1200 miles. I sent it to my mother's house, where I was to visit for a week.

I've used my book to write down things, too - although I didn't document a TV show, but if I'd thought of it, you bet I would have!!

Kristin - The Goat

Grammy said...

I would like to invite you to Wrecking Sisters reunited
http://artwreckage.blogspot.com/
Please stop by if you would like be a part of the fun