Friday, November 14, 2008

Soul Coaching Water Week Day 5

Today is about, or was about being still / doing nothing. I was still. I sat a lot in the theatre while watching about 8 hours of film. I wasn't doing nothing though. I had a few moments of doing nothing first thing in the morning between smacking the snooze button. And they were lovely moments indeed, until my cat would try to eat my hair or lick my nose - I know he means well though.

Affirmation of the day: "In the centre of my being, there is always stillness and peace".

Um, no. And... no thanks. I usually try to find where in the affirmation I can connect with or what I believe in but this one. Nope. Nada. Not a one. Stillness does not appeal. Peace is a little more challenging to brush off - cuz the world peace hell ya I'm up for that. But like, inner calm peace? Don't think I've experienced that and not sure I will. Also there was a mention in the book to how only people who have inner peace can build for world peace that got me a little steamy.

But, it's already after midnight so ... I'll just keep trekking.

Check out more of the The Next Chapter folks here.

4 comments:

chest of drawers said...

Our household is sometimes so busy and noisy, it really helps to go inside myself in a sort of bubble where I hear what´s going on but don´t find the noise annoying - I try to stay my(calm)self no matter what is going on around me.

Sacred Suzie said...

It's a good point Shannon, not everyone is striving for internal peace. Eight hours watching movies?! Well that definitely is sitting still. I hope you liked the movies!

Kavindra said...

I love your sass and fire! You go, wild woman.

Beautiful Witch said...

I think inner peace is whatever you want it to be. It doesn't mean raking rocks in a zen garden in Japan or meditating for eight hours and eating a raw food diet. If you feel at peace with who you are, then you have inner peace and stillness. Or not. :)