Sunday, November 30, 2008

#38 - Keep a plant alive from ‘The Auction’ from one year to the next

They are alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kept them alive for a whole year and counting. I got these plants back in October 2007 at the Auction and they all survived! This is so exciting because the first set I got in 2006 all died :(

I picked heartier plants this time and decided not to name them. I went with a spider plant, African violet, one that was already really long, a hearty looking jade-like plant and an aloe - which was the hardest to keep alive!

Here are the before and afters. With so much focus on them being just alive I didn't notice how much they have grown. I feel like such a good plant Mom.

Photobucket
Aloe - before

Photobucket
Aloe - after

Photobucket
African Violet - before

Photobucket
African Violet - after

Photobucket
Long Dangly one - before

Photobucket
Long dangly one - after

Photobucket
Hearty one - before

Photobucket
Hearty jade looking one (there is a jade plant in front of it but I'm talking about the tall one behind it).

Photobucket
Spider Plant - before

Photobucket
Spider plant - after

See my 101 list

2 comments:

Danette said...

Oh Shannon, how gorgeous! Congratulations on keeping your plants not only alive but thriving!

Beautiful!

Teena in Toronto said...

Good looking plants!