Tuesday, December 04, 2007

#55 - Go on a trip

Completed: October 2007, went to Hyannis, Cape Cod with Jamie for the Creative Bizarre.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Great Pub we visited on the first night, the British Beer Company. It seems like the 'specialty' non seafood thing is steak tips, which I'd never had before. I've had steak sure, but not like this. It was in a lovely savoury sauce and served with fries as well as deep fried battered green beans. OH. My. Goodness.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Seacoast Inn is where we stayed and it was just lovely. The folks that run it are super nice and knew the neighbourhood well.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ah, the beach. This is where we spent a lot of Friday. It was quite the adventure! Clearly getting there wasn't a normal pedastrian thing as we got some looks, but also Hi's! and waves from locals driving by and walking their dogs. It was really cool to be there just at the tip of off season as there were not tons of people there and still lots to explore.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Great tree! It was HUGE!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had a lot of fun taking pics of wacky signs. This one still cracks me up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me & Jamie! Not sure where this is, I guess I should have labeled them more descriptively. By what I was wearing it was likely Sunday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the way home! It was already dark but the flight was short. The flight was, in fact, shorter than getting through customs.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to say I know 'get it' when people say they need to go away. I completely see the appeal, and I was lovely the having some plans but also some free time to explore that really seemed to be the perfect balance for me. I highly recommend it, I'm glad I did it and I hope to do it again not only soon but also to add to be something done on a regular basis.

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I think it so rocks that you went on this trip! I do feel travel is good for the spirit but not always the body, OMG the sound of that steak is driving me crazy! I love seeing where you guys went and love the look of that tree and the beach. It so wonderful to be out and about those kinds of places when there are few people around, just yours to savour.

Jamie said...

That trip ROCKED! I'm so glad that we went together. And it was great that we had the same attitude about things - let's do stuff but let's be relaxed about it, people, this is a holiday! hehe.

Shannon said...

It was such a great experience! Jamie, it's true that it made such a difference that we had the same pace and things we wanted to do for the trip!