Friday, November 02, 2007

Lists, Ideas, Goals - oh my!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Early this week I was feeling boastful that I got 16/18 things on my 'to do' list done by the end of the night. This was after getting home from work and it kept me busy for a good 5-6 hours. After the boastful feeling wore off I was like - woah, that was kind of a lot to ask myself to do.

So of course, it's perfectly logical to join NaBloPoMo and post every day through November, here and on my film blog Movie Moxie. And because there is a time parameter that makes me think of other parameters or seeing what I can do in such a fixed period of time. Also, it's something I can fall back on if I get writers block (not like that has happened to me..), and also to let people know what is coming up!

The first thing that came to my mind was to get my 101 in 1001 up to speed - lots to post about there! I also want to update my sidebar, it's been ages since I've done that. I need to install my printer driver on my new computer and find it a nice home in my home, especially a place I can set up my speakers. That leads me to the other big thing can be visually described here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, boy - clean up/sort out/finishing unpacking my apartment. It's been a good 3 months since I moved in and if I don't work on it soon I fear it won't happen. Well I don't really 'fear' that but you know what I mean. Wow, I thought there would be more on my list but I think that is it for now. I leave you with this cute pic of a random dog I saw who was patiently waiting for thier owners return.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Well, it sounds like November will be busy enough to give you something to write about!

Holy cow, have you lived there 3 months already? You know, I always feel like I'm saying, "Where does the time go?" but where does the time go?

I guess with NaBloPoMo we'll know where November went!

PS I just loved that dog.

Sacred Suzie said...

That is a lot to ask of yourself Shannon! Lists are good but if they're running your life, I don't know...whatever works for you. I'm glad I get to see your apartment even though you still have unpacking to do, it's nice to see your art on your walls. What a cute doggie! Excellent picture, I love that you can see his reflection.

BTW, you've been tagged!

Jana B said...

Oh, Shannon, I SO feel your pain on the "must-clean-living-space" thing. Mine is horrible... like to the point that I won't even put pics of it on my blog! At least not yet. Tonight my goal is to get the living room cleaned up!

Sounds like this to-do list thing is really working out for you, but WOW... that is a lot of time spent on your goals! You should add something rewarding to your goal list, like "eat fudge" or "use favorite shower gel" or something. That way you have some fun goals too! :o) (And if you're like me, the "eat fudge" one is GUARANTEED to be accomplished!!)

Shannon said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! And yes, it was a long time to work on that stuff which is kinda insane.

I like the idea of putting 'eat fudge' on the list - I think I even HAVE fudge!