Wednesday, November 21, 2007

101 update #89

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Playing some major catch up here on my 101 posting and ironically I forgot to do my Monday update post! Who woulda thought that! So, most of the updates are in and I'm not 48/101. Almost 1/2 way there! I'm getting close to being 1 year away from goal so I think I need to step it up! I wonder what I should pick next. Well, here is what's been recently completed:

#1 - Be a patron one year at The Toronto International Film Festival

#53 - Curl my toes in the sand

#100 - Celebrate Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule & Imbolc at least once for the duration of the 1001 days

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As always, we have the regular updates! #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is now up to 47/52 from the numerous films seen at the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival 2007. I've also made progress on #14 Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days with reviews up for: Gone Baby Gone, Rashômon and Throne of Blood / Kumonosu jô.

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - the violet is looking a little meek, but the rest look pretty good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done!
I'm happily back to reading Sidney Poitier autobiography: The Measure of a Man. I'm hoping to be done in a few days, I think it's time for some fiction again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Nov 12/07 - how to change the time on my watch! yay!
Tuesday Nov 13/07 - my digi camera can take movies in b&w and sepia tones!
Wednesday Nov 14/07 - Trivia ... ok really that is what I wrote down
Thursday Nov 15/07 - www.freerice.com/index.php - play a game while you donate rice
Friday Nov 16/07 - where the mic is on my camera (and that holding my finger down on it means you don't record the sound - boo!)
Saturday Nov 17/07 - once I go home it's doubtful I'll go 'back'
Sunday Nov 18/07 - People line up freaking early for the Santa Claus parade

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Smart to get an aloe plant Shannon, they're so robust and wonderful and they multiply like crazy. You're doing amazing with your 101s, I can't believe you're almost done: see a movie a week! You're almost there and that's a milestone of a challenge.

Jamie said...

I'm just imagining what kind of sepia-tone movie you might create! I hope I get to see it.