Monday, November 12, 2007

101 update #88

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

88 weeks in, and still going strong! I got oodles of posts up this week for my 101, all around the same theme: #40 - Meet at least 1 online friend irl - Jarris & Rock, Melba, Jana and Firstborn. Woohoo!

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is now up to week 46 (almost there!!!!) with getting out to see Gone Baby Gone. No review yet for it but there are for a bunch of other films 3:10 to Yuma (1957), 3:10 to Yuma (2007), Holes, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Lonestar, which is great progress for #14 Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days.

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - they are all alive! Here's a select pic of my spider plant. Note to self, remember to take pics before Mondays.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done!
Time for a new book! I did get though some of Looney Spoons which inspired me to make some new recipes! (like the Greek pasta salad below)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Nov 5/07 - Sooooooooooo much about Microsoft Access
Tuesday Nov 6/07 - ditto Monday, even more about Access
Wednesday Nov 7/07 - def: burgeon - to grow and expand rapidly
Thursday Nov 8/07 - power out during mid day = full restaurants
Friday Nov 9/07 - sleep is good
Saturday Nov 10/07 - explored local library found the knitting and cooking books. omg, did I just say that???
Sunday Nov 11/07 - lots and lots about podcasting and equipment

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats on all the forward momentum. You are almost there for the movie a week for a year one - and that's a biggie! WOW!

Your leg warmers are awesome, as are the ubercool downtown girl glam glasses!

And at least the power outage was a good excuse to meet up for lunch :)

Sacred Suzie said...

You kicked #40 way out of the park Shannon. And look at all the reviews you've done?!

Have you named your plants this time?

That salad looks delish, I'll have to look that one up, I don't think I've tried that one.

Why did you lose power?

You do look so cool, leg warmers and sun glasses...that rocks.

Jana B said...

you inverted the colors on your leg warmers!!! That is so so so so cool!!!

I *heart* Access. Is it not the most versitile program ever??

Yes, the knitting section of the library is amazing!!! I am currently obsessed with the paper-craft section though! Next, you should try looking for knitting books in used bookstores... it will give you a warm fuzzy feeling!!!!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!

I didn't name my plants this time.. I'm feeling superstitious about the fact I did last time.

I did invert the colours on the leg warmers! Mostly because that was the amount of yarn I had and it just sorta worked out that way. It kinda makes an optical illusion though which was not my intent!

Access is sooooo cool! I will know even more about it by the end of the month as I'm doing my training, I can't wait to implement it!

C said...

I love and adore your sunglasses and your pasta looked awesome too!