Monday, November 05, 2007

101 in 1001 update #87!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another Monday, another update! And now that I'm doing NaBloPoMo it counts for that too -wee!!! So, here are the updates: #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year isup to week 45 with 30 Days of Night. I've gotten that review up to which gets me even closer to #14 Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days, and considering I'm doing NaBloPoMo over at Movie Moxie I hope to keep on making a dent in those reviews!

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - so far so good, here are pics on 3/5. The other two are alive too, just didn't make it for their picture taking session today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been reading film books mostly, Pauline Kael's 5001 Nights at the Movies and The Samurai Films of Akira Kurosawa by David Desser - which is sooooooooo academic. It's been a while since I've seen 1 sentence with 3+ words I'd have to look up. On a side note, I found this cool article from Nell Minow's site about David Ansen's, a critic who has kept track of all the films he's seen on a paper list. Can you imagine? I think it's just the coolest! I have mine in Access but on paper - that's so cool.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Oct 29/07 - where the closest post office is to work and it's fast service - yay!
Tuesday Oct 30/07 - if I wake up at 7 and feel awake get up GET UP ! Don't think 'just five more minutes'...
Wednesday Oct 31/07 - Cabin Fever is actually a pretty good movie!
Thursday Nov 1/07 - It's NaBloPoMo not NaNoBloMo!
Friday Nov 2/07 - Ride with the Devil is sooooooooo not a western movie
Saturday Nov 3/07 - I love stockinette stitch! (see below)
Sunday Nov 4/07 - if you make soup you can take the cooked meat off when preppin it (thanks Jamie and my Mom! of course I didn't do it that way... lol)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

4 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I am thoroughly impressed with your knitting! I can't believe you a year ago you hadn't even taken a class yet.

Nice to see your plants doing so great!

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie!! I have to say one of the reasons I like the stockinette stitch (which I've only been doing for about a week) is that it looks so good!

Jana B said...

Wwwwoooooooowwwwwww!!!! You go girl!!!

I learned the soup-making tip a little while back as well... way helpful! :)

Stockinette stitch is way fun! I used that (kinda) to make a flower last week!!! I'm putting the pic of it on my blog in a minute.

Melba said...

You are doing such a great job on your list! It is great that you are following through!