Wednesday, November 14, 2007

#100 - # Celebrate Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule & Imbolc at least once for the duration of the 1001 days

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pics are from this year Samhain (2007), which is the one I always celebrate. It was great to honour these holidays and learn a bit more about them. I did find I often left it to the last minute and the celebrating usually involved putting out an offering and feasting and thinking about the theme of the holidays. I've unfortunately not kept it up, and even though it's something I do connect to I find I sometimes forget. I was glad to get through them all and hope that I'll continue to do so.

Lughnasadh Celebrated: August, 2006
Mabon Celebrated: September 23, 2006
Samhain Celebrate Oct 31, 2006 (and every year before and after)
Yule Celebrate Dec 21, 2006
Imbolc Celebrated: Feb 2, 2007
Ostara Celebrated: March 20, 2007
BeltaneCelebrated: April 30, 2007 ** (a day early but I'm sure I celebrated past midnight)
Midsummer Celebrated: June 21, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Woohoo! That's a big one Shannon! It must feel good to tick that off your list, you did great, even if it happened last minute.

Jamie said...

Congrats on celebrating a whole year's worth of holidays!That's awesome.

I also love these holidays and the ritual of celebrating them but find I miss them repeatedly. Maybe I'll make a more concerted effort in 2008. Thanks for the inspiration!