Monday, November 19, 2007

#1 - Be a patron one year at The Toronto International Film Festival

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Completed: September 2007

This is one on my list that in some ways technically was really easy (I could have bought 1 rush ticket and called it a day), I've worked there, I've gone to screenins and I'm very familiar with the festival and how it works. But I wanted to do it, how I wanted to do it and so that is how I did it. 10 days, 42 films, very little sleep and a zillion teas later this one was complete. I survived the line ups and the weather, and I got to see some amazing films and even some stars.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(pass and ticket pick up day - I did not expect to spend my entire Labour Day in lines)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(not one of my best pictures, but was one of the best performances: Andrew Garfield in Boy A)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(my first ever Midnight Madness won't be my last... although next time I would go early as you can see how far back the seats were for SUKIYAKI WESTERN DJANGO)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Q&A with director Julien Leclercq from another of my favourite films: Chrysalis)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(and another Q&A for Wolfsbergen, director Nanouk Leopold)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(and another! Wilson Yip, director of Flash Point)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(this was a big surpirze for me seeing Juliette Binoche!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(My only 100% star struck moment was being mere feet away from Guy Pearce)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(and more line ups....)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(a quiet moment outside the ROM, a nice place to kick back when the weather behaves)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The aftermath: notes, tickets, and for the first time ever a offical film schedule with an unripped cover)

Check out my TIFF 07 Coverage over at my film blog Movie Moxie to see all the details! It was a great year, there were so many great films, experiences and Q&A's. Well worth doing and I will absolutely attend again.

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I loved reading about your TIFF experience and thoroughly enjoyed the photos. I love that first photo - it's so you! I see your toesies!

Sacred Suzie said...

I think this was a huge milestone for you Shannon and wow, did you ever have amazing experiences with great people seeling fantastic movies. I loved experiencing it through you, thank you so much for sharing the experience with us. Wow, Juliette Binoche and Guy Pearce! That is so exciting! I think I'd be star struck too.