Monday, October 29, 2007

101 in 1001 update #85 and 86

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well I missed the last update, oopsies! I have a plan to keep up on that, but more on that later.
#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is steamrolling ahead! Week 43 I got out to The Darjeeling Limited as well as numerous films from Toronto After Dark Film Festival which continued through to Week 44. See here for my coverage of the film festival films.

#14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days. I've got a review up for Rosemary’s Baby up at Movie Moxie, and will continue reviews there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - this one is back to attack. Although all three of my plants from last didn't make it, I did get out to the auction again this year and have the opportunity to try this one again. I went with some hopefully more sure fire possibilities such as a spider plant (which I will keep at work and away from the kitty cat), an aloe plant, then I did brave an African violet as well as 2 others I've no idea what they are called. So far they all survived week one!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done x 2

#94 - Read every day - done!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, On Writing by Steven King and I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie by Roger Ebert. Time to start something new!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Bah, again I don't have it by day but learned lots:
Make an easy peasy version of Chicken Cordon Bleu
Def: zeitgeist: the general intellectual, moral and cultural climate of an era
Bloglines has a search feature
Def: satire: which I forgot to write down...
Just because you have the opportunity to do something doesn't mean you have to do it
Umbrella's are not my friend. I think it's time to get a rain jacket with hood instead.
Mozilla is cool!
You can subscribe to comments on blogger now, sooo cool

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For my full 101 list, look here.

4 comments:

Jana B said...

I remember Rosemary's Baby... i fell asleep during it, and woke up at some WAY WIERD part at the end, where someone was floating down a hallway towards the screen, and I thought she was jumping out at me!!!

VERY scawy.

Congrats on restarting the your plant collection!! Perhaps having one at work will help you... other people might help water it! LOL My plants ALWAYS die. *sigh*

I may definately have to try this 101 things.

Shannon said...

Thanks Jana! I'm really hoping these plants make it, it would be really nice if they did. go plants!

Sacred Suzie said...

Woohoo! Nice to see you blogging here again Shannon. I hope your plants will be happy in your new home this year, I love the look of them. Bloglines has a search feature? I didn't know that. I only use Mozilla, my IE is caput, I must prefer Mozilla. It's really good with blocking popups.

Jamie said...

Wow, it is so wild to see you in a car mirror - weird! Congrats on the new plants. Are you going to name them too? I'll look forward to following their progress this year!