Tuesday, October 16, 2007

101 in 1001 update #82, 83 and 84

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm back from Cape Cod and oh my goodness it was amazing! Thank you to Melba for organizing The Creative Bizarre and to Jamie for inviting me to go! I had such a great time. I will post more about it and post pics but I just have to get my 101 update up - it's been too long!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is going strong! I'm now up to 42 weeks in a row! Only 10 to go, I am so excited at how well this is going! Third time lucky (fingers crossed). Films 40-42 are: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (too long and not interesting enough for me), In the Shadow of the Moon (charming documentary)
and Eastern Promises (harsh but watchable).

No reviews up for those films but I've made solid progress on #14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days. I've been posting them over on my film blog, Movie Moxie, and for October I'm focusing on scary films be they old or new - BOO!

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - donex3 - yay

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#94 - Read every day - done!
I finished The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss - not quite my cuppa tea but had some good insights in there.

I started and almost finished by had to return the Sidney Poitier autobiography: The Measure of a Man - it took me a while to get into it but I ended up quite enjoying it and am looking forward to finishing it.

I'm currently still working through Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - getting pretty close to done there.

I've started On Writing by Steven King (thank you Sabine for the recommendation!)

#31 - Find 1 cool podcast a month for October 07
I found an excellent podcast I just adore, it's called Movies You Should See. It's British and it cracks me up! I can't help giggling while listening to it which isn't the best if I'm on the streetcar or just walking down the street. One thing to note - it's spoiler city so for me, contrary to the title I actually only listen to podcasts if I've seen the film. They also have some great year end and themed shows.

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Again I don't have this specified by day but here is a bunch of stuff I learned over the past few weeks:
When pedestrian cross the stoplighted spots in Hyannis, you push a button and all traffic stops and pedestrains cross every which way they can
How to do many new kinds of puzzles! I've been working on #16 - Attempt all the puzzles in a Variety Crossword puzzle book
Travelling at the beginning or end of the season totally appeals to me
Close windows before going on vacation! Coming home I didn't realize it would be 10degreesC here!
Kidnation - reality show with 9 year olds? How can that be legal?
It's really odd not to be able to recycle stuff
That the 'memory is almost at capacity' is not the 'low battery' indicator on my camera

I am wanting to list these by day again - hopefully I will have that for next week!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

OK, I am totally in love with that rain & leaf picture! Not to mention the one of you and Jamie, what fun. I am so glad you had a great time on your trip. I think you've also inspired me to check out podcasts Shannon.

Oh no! I can't believe your left your windows open!

Thank you so much for your recent comment on my blog, it meant so much to me.

Jamie said...

Yay! You're making such amazing progress. I can't believe you're only 10 weeks away to completing your movie a week goal! I wonder if you'll totally be in the habit and keep it up.

I'm glad our trip provided some learning a day and some 101 support - yay!

Jana B said...

YOU BLOGGED!!!!! *happy clap* I'm so happy that you are back on a blogging kick!!! :o)

Ohhhhhh windows open??? That can't be good...

This 101 things looks crazy fun... I may have to join that when my life gets a little more settled down!

Just wanted to say thanks, again, for being so much fun to chat with at the Bazaar! I felt like I'd known you and your sis forever after just a few minutes of chatting... you rock. *hug*