Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Card of the Day: Six of Cups - July 11/07

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looking at this card what I see is: Pick one. There are many things but work on one at a time

Oddly, the traditional interpretation of this card is Nostalgia, which I don't really 'see'. The pic of the 4 of wands (which I've not drawn nor posted yet) looks much more like nostalgia or really childhood to me. Maybe she is reliving old, good memories?

Let's see what Understanding Tarot says (p. 113) "The Querent may be thinking about happy himes in the past, or of childhood experiences, and this reminiscence brings pleasure and comfort in the past."

I can see what they are going for but I still am sticking to my interpretation of one thing at a time. I know ther ewas a time where I was less busy and could actually get through the things on my list. I think it may be refering to something like. That is how I approached today and it went over pretty successfully to take the one thing at a time approach (I'm a bit multitasker, so it was a bit of a challenge).

7 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I think this card (because it's higher in the numbers) can be seen as someone whose life is more "filled" with the past than the present. That's why there are so many cups, they are the past and when you have that many from the past in your life now you may have a hard time focusing on the present. Does that make sense?

Shannon said...

That's an interesting interpretation Suzie, I hadn't thought about it that way.

Melba said...

Are you picking the Tarot cards yoursel? I have never had my cards read, but I am interested in it.

Jamie said...

Well, life is cup-a-licious these days, eh?

I think your gut interpretation is the one to go with. The cool thing is it works so well with the image on the card. See, she's looking at all the cups and not at the one flower that is actually in her hand - that's the one thing that it's time to pay attention to.

What's your one thing?

Shannon said...

Melba - I am picking the card myself, one a day as I ask myself a question. I got this idea from Jamie!

Jamie - oh! she is holding two things! I didn't even notice that and it was right in front of me!

MAHIMA said...

6 OF CUP DAYS ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD DAYS FOR ME.
THEY ARE NORMALLY DAYS WHEN I CAN GIVE OR RECEIVE GENUINELY INTENDED HELP.
ALSO, CARD A DAY DO YOU PICK YOURS IN THE MORNING OR NIGHT?
I PICK MNE ANYTIME BUT I;VE REALISED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT IT WORKS BOTH WAYS:THE CARD I PICK TELLS ME ABOUT MY DAY, AND HOW MY DAY GOES AND WHAT HAPPENS IN IT TELLS ME MORE ABOUT THE CARD.

P.S. I HAVE THE SACRED ROSE DECK TOO. IT GIVES ME LOVELY RELATIONSHIP READINGS.

Shannon said...

Mahima - thanks for your comments! I pick the cards at the beginning of the day and I usually ask a question such as 'How can I make this a sucessful day' or 'How can I make the most of today' or 'What do I need to focus on today to acheive my goals'.. or something like that :)