Monday, July 09, 2007

101 in 1001 update #70

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Making good progess this week. I've actually come one step closer to #1 - Be a patron one year at The Toronto International Film Festival, with the purchase of my passes for this years film fest, which went on sale this am. Very exciting! I don't get to make my picks until end of August, it will be so hard to wait!

Up to week 28/52 for #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year with getting out to see Rashoman with Jamie. It isn't new but it was in the theatre and it's such a great film, one of the best I've seen in quite a while. I'm also continuing to work towards #101 - relearn the tarot with my daily draw of a card, see label .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next. Berry's still alive but after taking this pic I noticed his leaves falling and so far no roots growing so I've moved him to a water only container and hoping for some root growth. He was doing so well, and my only hope!

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#94 - Read every day - done! Finished The Riddle by Alison Croggon (it was really good and I'm really looking forward to reading the third in that series now), started reading Day Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko as well as Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday July 2/07
- the amount of $ I allocated to prescriptions for the year, I`ve already spent. Guess I was off by 50% there, whoops.
Tuesday July 3/07 - Herringbone stitch pattern, how to insert a hyperlink into an email (internal)
Wednesday July 4/07 - iTunes notates how many times you listened to each song on your iPod. `Daddy Sings Bass` by Johnny Cash was top of my list.
Thursday July 5/07 - I`m an acronym at work. They say wwsd... what would Shannon Do
Friday July 6/07 - about lots of new art at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition
Saturday July 7/07 - that if I have a `simple`recipe I won`t follow it I`ll just make it like I would if I had no recipe
Sunday July 8/07 - apparently I didn`t learn the herringbone pattern.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Lol, I loved the learned/didn't learn the herringbone pattern. I'm looking forward to learning it from you!

I'm rooting for Berry! Come on, Berry. You can do it!

That was great we got out to Rashomon last week and to the art exhibit. There's so much great stuff that goes on in T.O.!

And woohooooo to being a patron at TIFF! You have your pass - congrats!

Sacred Suzie said...

I love the title of that book, Who Moved My Cheese, LOL. Never heard of that one before. Way to go for getting your passes for the festival already. They only give you one month to prepare your schedule?

I can't believe you're an acronym, that must mean you're quite the positive example at work. :)

I don't know if I get that comment about the recipe, does that mean you don't like simple recipes? That they're as good as no recipe? I can relate to that!

Shannon said...

Thank you both for your enthusiasm!

Jamie, I'll totally show you how to do the Herringbone stitch once I get it! There was great stuff to do in TO this week, lots of fun!

Suzie, actually with the film fest you get only 2-3 days to plan your schedule but that doesn't happen til the end of August. They release the film list throughout the summer but I don't believe the schedule itself comes out til much later.

With the recipe, if I read say a simple chicken recipe (season, pan fry, scape up bits and make a roux... etc). I won't follow it, I'll just make pan fried chicken how I would without the recipe.

Tammy said...

I love reading your updates! I haven't been inspired to start my own list yet, but I just might - you've had a lot of successes!! :)

Thanks for the blogger tip - it worked!!

caroline potato said...

Hi Shannon,

I'm experimenting with having no internet at home, so I'm writing to you from a dark cafe/wine bar right near my apartment. I know that you would love it here.

I'm so pleased for you. The 101 in 1001 is going really well. I am great at starting things, but always end up bailing out after a few days, weeks, months.

By the way, I'm a great fan of Johnny.