Thursday, April 12, 2007

#93 - 5.5/20 read 20 books - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Completed: April 7, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Nothing like a good Harry Potter book. I tell ya, I've not followed a series of books quite as religiously as these in a number of years. I only read the book for whichever of the films is about to come out, but not past that until I've seen the film. I don't want to pick up on any foreshadowing.

I do have to say I found this one a little hard to read at times. As the characters get older, the situations have become more serious and I found that a little unexpected and not the most, pleasent. I guess I think of these books as happy escapism and sometimes I thought Hey!! They can't do that!! But, it did even out over time. It was perfect before sleepytime reading and once I was about 200 pages from the end it was marathon reading time, I could not put the book down. All in all, a great read!

Return to my List of 20 books.

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

I think you've gone farther in the series than I have Shannon. I had heard that Rowling was going to make more "issues" pop up as they get older which is realistic but I understand what you mean, not exactly what you would expect in a fantasy genre where you want to get away from it. Even from the beginning my heart hurt for Harry, I can't imagine what he's going through in the book you just finished!