Wednesday, April 11, 2007

#68 - Bake a pie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Done: Lemon Mousse Pie, April 8/07 - Happy Easter!

Initially I thought I would pick a fruit pie, apple or some kind of berry perhaps. But! Then this amazing Lemon Mousse Pie with Raspberries recipe basically dropped in my lap and I knew it was the right one! It was pretty simple to make, but better than that is tasted delish! It did taste deceptively 'light'.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Had one near disaster while making my pie. I thought to myself, gee, you chill this pie so that means it never goes in the oven... I wonder if that matters. I look at the packaging and low and behold - you do pre-bake the crust! hehe.... yay... saved from eating a raw dough shell! It's a good day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

And a truly delicious pie it was! We had the very last bite last night. Congratulations on a yummy first pie! May there be many more to come :)

And beautiful pic of you with your creation.

Sacred Suzie said...

Way to go! That sounds like one R would just adore. I'd love the recipe some day. Mom told me on the phone how good it was and it looks so pretty! Funny, I'm making a pie today too. Strawberries are in season (one of my favs as you know) and I'm going to see if there's any rhubarb. R needs some cheering up.

Caroline Potato said...

Now that's a pie I'd love to try. I'm good at cakes -- in fact I used to be a baker by trade. But pies are just not in my repertoire. Crusts go beyond my knowledge. More pie photos!

Oh my! I just realized that within one week I'll be living in the same city as my Baking Fairy sister-in-law. There's nothing like sharing baked goods with loved ones.