Monday, April 30, 2007

101 in 1001 update #60!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am just aching to get another task complete. I'm feel like I've been at 39/101 for ages! I had an idea this week though, to pick 11 things on my 101 and work on getting them done before my Bday in July. It roughly coincides with the 1/2 way point in the 1001 days. I tried to pick a combination of one-of tasks and ones that would take more planning/effort. I also tried to pick ones that I'm not currently working on. So, with some work and a little hope, I'm aiming to be half way though, when I'm... half way through. But now on to what I've actually done:

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is up to 18 weeks, as I got out to see Crossing. Review pending, so so so many reviews pending. In the past month I've seen 11 more films from my 3 - List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen, all with reviews pending. Sigh. I'll get there.

#31 - Read 1 fashion magazine a month for April 07

#100 - 7/8 Celebrate Beltane. Great holiday. One more and this one will be complete.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - update: Gooooooooooooooooo Berry!

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! I've switched selection here, and I've started reading Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. I got it from the library and trying to get through it in 3 weeks might be a challenge. So far I'm loving this book!!! I really enjoyed the film (it was my favorite foreign film of 2006, see review here), but I think it might be the first time I've read a book that a movie was based on and I've already seen the film and it is a English translation of a Russian book. At least, I think it's the first time I've done that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday April 23/07 - How surprizingly easy it was to get a T2202a from last year
Tuesday April 24/07 - my notes a little illedgible :(Something about walking..
Wednesday April 25/07 - The discovery of a planet that has Earth like properties and may have liquid water
Thursday April 26/07 - How much a dental check up is ($120) eep.\, and the existance of folding bikes - and that they are rather small and therefore might be good for me!
Friday April 27/07 - Stephan Hawkins is planning a zero gravity flight
Saturday April 28/07 - Where the film/music/biography films are at my local library
Sunday April 29/07 - I've already seen The Postman Always Rings Twice

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

Another cute picture of you!

I wonder where you found out about that planet? LOL.

I don't think I've seen Night Watch, it sounds familiar though...my brain isn't working any more. I can't believe how few titles I remember these days.