Monday, March 19, 2007

101 in 1001 update #54!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I gotta say, I know I've but the wheels in motion for a few things, and many on my list are often worked on but won't be completed to the end, but I am ITCHING to cross something off. I am sitting with highlighter in hand just aching to say DONE! Hopefully soon flourescent ink will fly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year is up to 12 weeks (I goofed and said it was week 10 twice - that is what I get for copy/pasting!), this week I went to see: Solyaris (1972) and 300. Too bad that I've not got anything up to add to #14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days. There is always next week! I did end up watching a lot of film though, my #3 - List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen is up to 44/101.. again many reviews still to write

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - update: Berry is still alive, and wow - really really grows on an angle. My plant at work is getting more flowers!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! Nothing new, still reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, No Lifeguard on Duty by Janice Dickinson & I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day (Many of the learnings from this week are from BBC's Radio News Podcast, which I love!)
Monday March 12/07 - You can get the DVD for Night Watch / Nochnoy Dozor off amazon.ca! (see here)
Tuesday March 13/07 - There will be an election soon in France
Wednesday March 14/07 - I initially want to spell visible incorrectly! (I want to add an a!)
Thursday March 15/07 - Ralph Tujin is attempting to cross the Pacific Ocean unassisted (see site here)
Friday March 16/07 - New animals & creatures discovered this month: a nighttime feeding cat, eyeless albino millipede, a snapper fish and several types of sharks
Saturday March 17/07 - I totally dig the podcast for CBC's Definitely Not the Opera
Sunday March 18/07 - I beleive that 20 is the cap on things I can request from the library, which probably isn't a bad thing!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For my full 101 list, look here.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I totally loved this week's update. I can't believe how much you're getting done! Though I can understand the desire to highlight and say done!

Your work plant looks so cute - and look, it opened it's eyes! At least that's what those little tendrils look like to me.

And I find the new creature discoveries so fascinating! And you really made me notice that we say "vis-a-ble" even though its visible.

Fascinating!

Jamie said...

Oh, and I totally love the Gobo blanket! And clearly he's loving it too :) Congratulations on that knitting project!

Sacred Suzie said...

It really does look like it's opening its eyes! You're doing amazing Shannon, I don't know how you do all that stuff, honestly. I heard about that night-feeding cat, I think I actually saw a clip on it and he has these black stripes, amazing!

Love the pics, as always.

Yes, a cap on 20 is probably a good thing!