Wednesday, March 21, 2007

#100 - 6/8 Celebrate Ostara

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Celebrated: March 20, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Althought there was still snow out and about it was quite lovely that when I got home it was still streaming sunlight into the kitchen. I really took the plunge and got not only a plant (oh my... cross your fingers!) but I even picked up some seeds! What could be more fitting on the first day of spring than to plant seeds?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I cleared out two old pots, letting go of 2 of my auction plants that I know weren't coming back, topped up with some fresh soil and planted some basil as well as some flowers... I'm not sure what but they look pretty. I always thing its a good combo to do something practical (like basil, which I'll use) as well as something I will enjoy just for it's beauty.

To complete the evening I celebrated with a Caramilk egg. Ooey-gooey goodness!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a wonderful celebration. I just loved the fullness of your offering plate. How inviting! And the sun on your deck was so beautiful - the promise of things to come. I look forward to following the adventures of your seeds :)

Happy Ostara

Sacred Suzie said...

How absolutely awesome Shannon! I love all of it. I can't get over the sun streaming photo, you take the most fascinating images Shannon, it shows you're really awake to your surroundings.

Basil and pretty flowers sound like the perfect combination.

Aren't those Cadbury eggs amazing? We've been enjoying those a long, long, time. I thoroughly enjoyed mine too, I love that we were feasting together in spirit.