Friday, February 02, 2007

Try Day / #100 - 5/8 Celebrate Imbolc / #99 - Cast a Spell

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Completed: Feb 2, 2007

I'm burning the midnight oil for Try Day this week, but it didn't feel right to me to do it right away, and now I realize why. I was waiting for Imbolc, and during the process of creating my wishes, or well ... saying my wishes out loud I was also in tandem lighting candles for Imbolc - 1 in each room to light the way. For each candle I said a wish. I only had one in my head when I started but the process evolved as I was doing it. Doing what I thought, then I realized I was casting a spell. Or three depending on how you look at it. 1 or 3, just like this picture shows.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This weeks try day by Jamie on Create a Connection was called 'Making Magic Together'. If you didn't get a chance to read the post, it says to post a wish of your own, and as a part of the experience is having other people support my dream by including in the comments, “As _____ wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.” I'm going to keep my wishes secret for now, they are pretty personal. I did say them out loud during this process though, and write them down - which was a pretty big step!

Please feel free to comment and to Try it yourself!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

6 comments:

melba said...

Beautiful candles!

As Shannon wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
XO

Tammy said...

Gorgeous photos!! Great post! :)

As Shannon wishes for herself, I wish for her as well!!

Jamie said...

As Shannon wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I'm so glad you kept this experience for the moment it was right for you. Your pictures are gorgeous. It looks like the evening was too. Happy Imbolc!

Sacred Suzie said...

As Shannon wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Happy Imbolc to you Shannon! I am so glad you did this, what a beautiful ritual and it looks so sacred. You know I just did a cleansing, totally forgot to make a wish! Good for you, whatever it is you want I hope you get in the most beautiful of ways.

Q said...

As Shannon wishes for herself, I wish for her as well

crashutah said...

You should post your wish to the Robin Hood Fund.