Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SPC: Resolutions - to appreciate more

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I find it amazing that when I initially heard the topic for Jan SPC was Resolutions I was taken aback thinking I wouldn't know what to say, or would possibly not participate. Here we are 5 Tuesdays later and I've had no trouble coming up with resolutions at all.

This week I decided to go with a different angle. Instead of something specific I wanted to change that wasn't how I liked it, I thought it would be a good idea to take the time to remember and be thankful of how things are right now. I have supportive family and friends, I like my job, I love my apartment, I've got money in the bank and food in the fridge. I feel confident and able to do almost anything, if I want to. That's pretty freaking good.

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon.

5 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

That's a beautiful resolution! I like your take on the idea Shannon and appreciation is a fantastic idea. I don't like resolutions either but I focused on the things I want to keep doing instead of change. At least I think I did!

Cute picture of you! I am so happy that you have so much to be grateful for. I support you, I love you and think you're amazing!

Was that too sappy?

;)

melba said...

I am happy you are happy. It fills me up when others show their joy!

Jamie said...

Wooohoooo! That's an awesome one! Yay to all the good stuff :) And I love that smile!

Vedrana M. said...

i agree with you, wonderful resolution! great portrait- keep on smiling :)

Tammy said...

What a great, positive resolution!! Appreciating what we have is easily forgotten!! Thanks for the reminder!