Monday, January 22, 2007

101 in 1001 update #46!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One more task complete with #88 - For one day smile at everyone I see, bringing me to 35/101 - yee haw! Hmmm, I wonder what I should pick next.

I'm still working on #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year, up to 4 weeks so far. I've also made progress on #14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days with reviews of: Monkey Warfare, Curse of the Golden Flower / Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia and Snow Cake

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - update: They are still alive! Although Burrows was definatly suffering, 2 of 3 of the um.. things? arms? brances? stems.... most likely .. shrivled up!!! Turns out I was over watering it. The remaining one is looking ok. Berry is still growing strong!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! Still reading Sword-Born and Sword-Sworn by Jennifer Roberson. It's so big!! Trade paperback 2-in-1, sometimes a little hard to manage if I'm tired. But I'm still enjoying it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Jan 15/07 - The results of the Golden Globes (here), and that making dinner takes longer than I expect!
Tuesday Jan 16/07 - About the exisitance of the Principality of Sealand (as see on The Hour)
Wednesday Jan 17/07 - The country of Georgia located in SW Asia between Russia and Turkey
Thursday Jan 18/07 - it is really hard to get tomato paste out of a ziploc bag without making a big mess
Friday Jan 19/07 - Many personal insights
Saturday Jan 20/07 - how to cast on and cable stitch in knitting
Sunday Jan 21/07 - None of the Jan 12/07 film releases were shown in fewer theatres in their second week, and in fact two films increase in the number of theatres shown. Letters from Iwo Jima went from 2 theatres to 8, Miss Potter went from 4 theatres to 8

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Woohoo, congratulations on completing one more task fully! And I love the juxtaposition of your learnings this week: cable stitches, geography and tomato paste in a ziploc bag. Only you, Shannon, hehe. Good luck with #7!

Jamie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say I love the first picture! And that's a beautiful picture of you too!

Sacred Suzie said...

Yes, the pictures are amazing! Very different in style but great just the same. I really enjoy the show The Hour and watch it when I can, I find it a real "thinking" type show which I love.

The times for Miss Potter were added here too but we missed it! I hope to go next week. We couldn't believe the lineup at the alternative theatre.

Thank you so much for the stunning earrings Shannon, what a lovely present, I'm wearing them tomorrow.

Shannon said...

I'm glad you liked the earrings Suzie!!!