Monday, January 08, 2007

101 in 1001 update #44!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Woohoo finally have some actual progress!! Up to 34/101 - yay!! I'm hoping to be a 2nd 3rd through by the end of 2007 (read: at about 66ish). Two full tasks completed: #90 - Go 1 week without a daytimer or watch and #76 - Go without caffeine for 1 week, as well as a partial: #83 - Try out 10 new restaurants - I'm up to 7/10 on that one!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - update: They are still alive.. but one.. barely. My English begonia is really looking bad. I thought it might not be enough sunlight but now I think it might be over watering. Maybe it was sad it's babies didn't make it, I'm just not sure. I hope it pulls though its such a cute prickly plant!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! I finished (and recommend) 'Artemis Fowl' by Eoin Colfer, what a fun book. I know there are many sequels but I'm going to switch gears for now and read on that is on my List of 20 books to read, Sword-Born and Sword-Sworn by Jennifer Roberson. (really odd,.. I got it as a 2-in-1 but can't find a listing for it). I have read the first four books in this series and I had no idea it continued until I was researching to make my list of 20 books. The first in the series, Sword-Dancer if one of my favourite books of all time. Starting to read them again was like walking into a warm, familar place .. where you knew trouble was going to happen. It's so great.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Jan 1/07 - def: pantograph - an instrument for copying plans, drawings on any scale desired
Tuesday Jan 2/07 - def: faradic - of or having to do with induced currects of electricity
Wednesday Jan 3/07 - the scale takes notice of the holidays
Thursday Jan 4/07 - IKEA had an amazing boxing week sale
Friday Jan 5/07 - at big fat burrito you order your burrito and specify without as opposed to with toppings
Saturday Jan 6/07 - sleeping in = more people at the laundromat
Sunday Jan 7/07 - Def: magic eye : any of several electronic monitorying devices, used for chekcing the functioning of machinery fo activating mecahnisms for operating traffic signals, etc

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

I'm sorry your Begonia is having such a hard time Shannon. That is so sad! It's nice to see you online again Shannon!