Monday, January 01, 2007

101 in 1001 update #42/43!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, 2 weeks 0f updates! What a way to start the new year by crossing something off my list!! Another task complete: #89 - Go 1 day without complaining about anything. Was not as hard as I thought it might be, could be good timing on that one. On to the partial updates:

Celebrating Yule brings #100 - Celebrate Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule & Imbolc at least once for the duration of the 1001 days up to 4/8 - I'm half way there there on this one!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days with reviews for: Little Miss Sunshine and Dreamgirls. I had really hoped to be up to day by the end of Dec but alas, I'm still about 40 films behind. I actually found myself hesistating to watch something new because of that, which entirely wasn't the point of this one.

#31 - Read 1 fashion magazine a month - done for Dec 06. UK version of Cosmo. Technically not really a fashion mag but I looked at all the clothes with a fashionista eye, so I'm counting it.

#38 - Keep a plant alive from 'The Auction' from one year to the next - update: They are still alive! My English begonia isn't so happy though... the leaf is turning brown and all the little shoots kinda withered away. So sad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! Still reading and loving 'Artemis Fowl' by Eoin Colfer. It's been a while since I've been this captivated by a book. Thanks Jamie for lending it to me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Dec 18/06 - def: cavort - prance about, jump around in a frisky way
Tuesday Dec 19/06 - how much my new pay is (weeeee)
Wednesday Dec 20/06 - cabbage leaves gives relief on breasts during postpardum
Thursday Dec 21/06 - the term: technopeasent
Friday Dec 22/06 - real cranberries must not be seasonal for now… I found them Thanksgiving but not today
Saturday Dec 23/06 - def: oolong - tea made from leaves that have been partially fermented before being dried in ovens.
Sunday Dec 24/06 - there are no plums in plum pudding
Monday Dec 25/06 - Wrath of Khan > The Polar Express, Tristan and Tristram are considered the same person/character
Tuesday Dec 26/06 - dogs have scent glands in their paws
Wednesday Dec 27/06 - There is a version of rugby that is touch instead of tackle (mostly for kids)
Thursday Dec 28/06 - def: sardonically - disdainfully or skeptically humorous
Friday Dec 29/06 - that when creating a task in Outlook you can simultaniously choose a start and end date by dragging out the time period of the task
Saturday Dec 30/06 - the chocolate in a chocolate fountain isn't hot. mmmm chocolate
Sunday Dec 31/06 - Apple Cider in French is Grog aux pommes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

5 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Shannon, did you ask Mom what might be wrong with your begonia? I think from what I read online that it probably needs
more direct sunlight.

I also recently found out about the plum pudding, shocking! Why's it called that then? Geeze...

Excellent last photo! TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Shannon said...

Hey Suzie!

I forgot to ask Mom, but I was thinking it might be sunlight so I moved it last night, we'll see. I don't have tons of spots by windows that aren't on some kinda heating thing (fridge, rad) or safe distance from the cat.

I'm glad you like the last photo - its one of my fave's.

Jamie said...

Go Shannon Go!

I thought the same about the sunlight because of the way it's reaching towards your windows. Hopefully you've found a good spot for it where it can be happy.

Wow, I love the picture of the soup. It looks so full of vitality! And I love that last picture. It took me a minute to see Gobo peaking out in the corner. LOL!

I didn't quite get the relationship of the Polar Express, Wrath of Khan and Tristan, but I'm enjoying thinking about it :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying Artemis Fowl!

Potato Print said...

Hi Shannon,

I really like these updates. It's kind of like reading "People" magazine, except that the person is more real.

My favorites this time were the "no complaining" experiment -- which I will try TOMORROW. Also, the pagan days. Your "things I've learned" always cracks me up.

I think you are taking the immanent (spelling?) plant death like a real woman.

Jamie said...

And the cabbage thing is wild. Who knew?