Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge: Red 1

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, how pleased I was when I found out the topic for December's SPC was red. Finally I have the upper hand! Almost all of the pics I take at night indoors with my camera always turn out red. No photoshop here, this pic is shown in its original format.

I found this meme on Rising to the Challenge's blog, and considering it's based on colour and starting with RED could the timing be any better? Feel free to join in.

RED

1. Closest red thing to you? The lettering on my GTD (Getting Things Done) quick reference sheet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship?
Not as far as I know

3. Last thing to make you angry?
A phone message with imporant info left really casually

4. Are you a fan of romance?
I was this close to saying no, but I think that's not true.

5. Have you ever been in love?
Yes

6. Do you have a temper?
Yes, although people don't tend to believe it! Unless they were they to experience it, that is.

GREEN

1. Closest green thing to you?
My bills/budget folder

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Do you care about the environment?
Absolutely

3. Are you jealous of anyone right now?
No

4. Are you a lucky person?
Sometimes.

5. Do you always want what you can't have?
No. In general I believe you can always get what you want, for most things of course.

6. Are you Irish?
1/4 Irish, 1/4 English and 1/2 Latvian. As well as being a proud Canadian

PURPLE

1. Last purple thing you saw?
My dresser! There is a funny story to my dresser, one which Jamie reminded me of the other day. It used to be green, I bought it a few years ago at a garage sale that was about 1/2 a block away from me. I really needed the extra space for clothes but the dresser was a little big. That didn't stop me! I just carted it up there making three trips, 2 with the drawers and 1 with the dresser. When I bought it from the guy he said 'Do you need help?' and I said 'Nope! Thanks though'. Did I mention that the dresser comes up to just under my shoulder? It was heavy and awkward but I wanted it and I got it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Like being treated to expensive things?
No, it makes me uncomfortable. Probably something worth getting over,

3. Do you like mysterious things?
Yes

4. Favourite type of chocolate?
Milk chocolate

5. Ever met anyone in royalty?
No

6. Are you creative?
Yes

7. Are you lonely?
Sometimes

YELLOW

1. Closest yellow thing to you?
The wall

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(this pic was taken with a different camera - see the difference???)

2. The happiest time(s) of your life?
I never know how to answer that question

3. Favourite holiday?
Halloween, unless my Bday is during the Olympics. Oh.. that isn't really a holiday though.

4. Are you a coward?
No

5. Do you burn or tan?
Burn, peel, repeat

6. Do you want children?
Too complicated to answer that in a meme

7. What makes you happy?
Sleeping in, orange juice, my cat's purr, spending time with my family and friends, film

BLUE
1. Closest blue thing to you?
A coaster that is really a tile

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Are you good at calming people down?
Sometimes, I'm pretty good with people when they are upset, not so much when they are angry.
3. Do you like the ocean?
I thought I really would but the only time I was by it I was in awe over the mountains. I love film about water though!

4. What was the last thing that made you cry?
I'm trying to remember this. I don't think it was any one thing in particular just a moment of sadness in general. I also got teary eyed when watching Saint Ralph.

5. Are you a logical thinker?
Yes

6. Can you sleep easily?
No

7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods?
GAH the outdoors!! Neither.

PINK
1. Closest pink thing to you?
A highlighter

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Do you like sweet things?
Yes! Especially things like little kid birthday cake

3. Like play-fighting?
Depends on who with

4. Are you sensitive?
Of course not!!!! Well, maybe a little...

5. Do you like punk music?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the heck is that under pink?

6. What is your favourite flower?
Gerber Daisies!

7. Does someone have a crush on you?
Not as far as I know, at least not right now that I know of.

ORANGE
1. Closest orange thing to you?
My tickler files and/or my Gage Canadian dictionary - they are equidistant

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Do you like to burn things?
No, what an odd question.

3. Dress up for Halloween?
Occasionally. I usually dress as the person I want to be in the coming year.

4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person?
Yes

5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship?
That assumes a relationship brings security

6. What would your super power be?
To fly

WHITE
1. Closest white thing to you?
kleenex

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Would you say you're innocent?
Innocent of what?

3. Always try to keep the peace?
Yes

4. How do you imagine your wedding?
Haha, been there done that and I didn't wear white and it didn't last long

5. Do you like to play in the snow?
If I'm warm enough and close enough to somewhere warm or home to go to

6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist?
Not anymore, I still hate going though

7. Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder(A.D.D)?
Nope

BLACK
1. Closest black thing to you?
keyboard, tv/dvd converters

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Ever enjoy hurting people?
No, never

3. Are you sophisticated or silly?
Both! At least I hope so

5. Do you have a lot of secrets?
Maybe...

6. What is your favourite colour(s)?
Oh my, I'm stumped! When I was a little girl it was pink (can you believe that?) and I think most people would guess blue (I wear a lot of blue). I think its a little open ended. I like so many colours I don't want to narrow it down. A few years ago it was bright orange and lime green, currently I've been drawn to some autumn-y rusty colours which feels completely bizarre. They are different reasons to like colour, colours to wear, colours to be in/around, colour schemes, colour combos, I could go on forever.

7. Does the colour you wear affect your mood?
I've no idea. Might be a fun thing to experiment with.

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon

6 comments:

melba said...

All your pics in your home are kind of red. I wonder why that is. Red is the color of the base chakra, maybe it is reflecting that your home is your foundation.

Shannon said...

How interesting Melba! I think you really hit the nail on the head, I was really thinking about the chakra's while reading the last chapter on the weekend and I think I'm still really 'in' the root chakra. And yes, it's my home which is all red - I guess it IS my root chakra!

Sacred Suzie said...

I love that your super power is to fly, I didn't know that about you Shannon. I also didn't know you've been in the ocean near mountains, I guess that was Mexico? I am shocked about the appeal of autumn colours but you've always been an equal opportunity artist, LOL. You see the value of colours, I love that.

The first picture of you is especially fantastic Shannon, totally appropriate for this month's challenge.

Jamie said...

Great SPC! Yes, your red pics for the win on this challenge! I love how you took us through the colours of your home.

And I still can't believe you carried that dresser up a flight of stairs! Are you sure your superpower isn't superstrength??

Shannon said...

Suzie, yep - it was in Mexico. Oh does that feel like a million years ago.

Jamie - could be superstrength as my superpower! Remember the time I lifted the rental truck out of the ice? For me that moment goes down in history. I'm still mystified that I could do that

rising to the challenge said...

Hello Shannon,
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed this meme too (although I got a little more carried away myself :)
I love your GTD!
Vx