Self Portrait Challenge: Red 1
Ah, how pleased I was when I found out the topic for December's SPC was red. Finally I have the upper hand! Almost all of the pics I take at night indoors with my camera always turn out red. No photoshop here, this pic is shown in its original format.
I found this meme on Rising to the Challenge's blog, and considering it's based on colour and starting with RED could the timing be any better? Feel free to join in.
1. Closest red thing to you? The lettering on my GTD (Getting Things Done) quick reference sheet
2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship?
Not as far as I know
3. Last thing to make you angry?
A phone message with imporant info left really casually
4. Are you a fan of romance?
I was this close to saying no, but I think that's not true.
5. Have you ever been in love?
6. Do you have a temper?
Yes, although people don't tend to believe it! Unless they were they to experience it, that is.
1. Closest green thing to you?
My bills/budget folder
2. Do you care about the environment?
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now?
4. Are you a lucky person?
5. Do you always want what you can't have?
No. In general I believe you can always get what you want, for most things of course.
6. Are you Irish?
1/4 Irish, 1/4 English and 1/2 Latvian. As well as being a proud Canadian
1. Last purple thing you saw?
My dresser! There is a funny story to my dresser, one which Jamie reminded me of the other day. It used to be green, I bought it a few years ago at a garage sale that was about 1/2 a block away from me. I really needed the extra space for clothes but the dresser was a little big. That didn't stop me! I just carted it up there making three trips, 2 with the drawers and 1 with the dresser. When I bought it from the guy he said 'Do you need help?' and I said 'Nope! Thanks though'. Did I mention that the dresser comes up to just under my shoulder? It was heavy and awkward but I wanted it and I got it!
2. Like being treated to expensive things?
No, it makes me uncomfortable. Probably something worth getting over,
3. Do you like mysterious things?
4. Favourite type of chocolate?
5. Ever met anyone in royalty?
6. Are you creative?
7. Are you lonely?
1. Closest yellow thing to you?
(this pic was taken with a different camera - see the difference???)
2. The happiest time(s) of your life?
I never know how to answer that question
3. Favourite holiday?
Halloween, unless my Bday is during the Olympics. Oh.. that isn't really a holiday though.
4. Are you a coward?
5. Do you burn or tan?
Burn, peel, repeat
6. Do you want children?
Too complicated to answer that in a meme
7. What makes you happy?
Sleeping in, orange juice, my cat's purr, spending time with my family and friends, film
1. Closest blue thing to you?
A coaster that is really a tile
2. Are you good at calming people down?
Sometimes, I'm pretty good with people when they are upset, not so much when they are angry.
3. Do you like the ocean?
I thought I really would but the only time I was by it I was in awe over the mountains. I love film about water though!
4. What was the last thing that made you cry?
I'm trying to remember this. I don't think it was any one thing in particular just a moment of sadness in general. I also got teary eyed when watching Saint Ralph.
5. Are you a logical thinker?
6. Can you sleep easily?
7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods?
GAH the outdoors!! Neither.
1. Closest pink thing to you?
2. Do you like sweet things?
Yes! Especially things like little kid birthday cake
3. Like play-fighting?
Depends on who with
4. Are you sensitive?
Of course not!!!! Well, maybe a little...
5. Do you like punk music?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the heck is that under pink?
6. What is your favourite flower?
7. Does someone have a crush on you?
Not as far as I know, at least not right now that I know of.
1. Closest orange thing to you?
My tickler files and/or my Gage Canadian dictionary - they are equidistant
2. Do you like to burn things?
No, what an odd question.
3. Dress up for Halloween?
Occasionally. I usually dress as the person I want to be in the coming year.
4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person?
5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship?
That assumes a relationship brings security
6. What would your super power be?
1. Closest white thing to you?
2. Would you say you're innocent?
Innocent of what?
3. Always try to keep the peace?
4. How do you imagine your wedding?
Haha, been there done that and I didn't wear white and it didn't last long
5. Do you like to play in the snow?
If I'm warm enough and close enough to somewhere warm or home to go to
6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist?
Not anymore, I still hate going though
7. Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder(A.D.D)?
1. Closest black thing to you?
keyboard, tv/dvd converters
2. Ever enjoy hurting people?
3. Are you sophisticated or silly?
Both! At least I hope so
5. Do you have a lot of secrets?
6. What is your favourite colour(s)?
Oh my, I'm stumped! When I was a little girl it was pink (can you believe that?) and I think most people would guess blue (I wear a lot of blue). I think its a little open ended. I like so many colours I don't want to narrow it down. A few years ago it was bright orange and lime green, currently I've been drawn to some autumn-y rusty colours which feels completely bizarre. They are different reasons to like colour, colours to wear, colours to be in/around, colour schemes, colour combos, I could go on forever.
7. Does the colour you wear affect your mood?
I've no idea. Might be a fun thing to experiment with.
Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.
Click here to visit Planet Shannon