Sunday, November 05, 2006

Haunting, The (1963)

Dir: Robert Wise
Cast: Julie Harris, Richard Johnson, Claire Bloom, Fay Compton
USA, 1963

This one is not to be confused with its 1999 remake. See the original please. I would have to say that for me this is the classic scary movie. Not a horror film perse but a thriller about the things that go bump in the night. Great tension, imagery and sound accompany a great story. I think it might be the root of my curious love of stairways.

This film is including in my list of Scariest Movies of all Time!!

Back to Planet Shannon

See Shannon's Film Review's

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

My personal frightening favourite, this one. How I love this movie in all its over-the-top narration, black and white gothic tension...

Yes, the remake was a bastardized version, how could they have done that to such a classic!