Friday, November 10, 2006

#93, 4/20 - Servant of the Empire by Raymond

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Completed: November 10, 2006

Servant of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist & Janny Wurts

A great book! It's the second book in a series, the first of which I read last year (Daughter of the Empire) and I really enjoyed it, although it took me a good long time to finish (almost a year). Thin pages foiled me! The title itself slightly put me off but I'm glad I stuck it out it was a really great read. Strong female protagonist in a fantasy setting it's pretty epic in a political sense. It that is your game, then definately try it out but read the first one... first. The third book is also in my list of 20 books but I think I might try something a little lighter first. I'm really surprized that after 7+ months I've only made it through 5 books (my 4th was a double entry). But then again I've started many of them. As you can see, I have many to choose from....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Return to my List of 20 books.

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I don't know the title or the author but a strong female protagonist? Oh yeah, I am so there. You're doing amazing with that list. I haven't read any fiction in forever. I gave up on Little Children, didn't like that it was written by a guy, tainted the authentic experience plus there was other stuff that I didn't like...

Shannon said...

It was a great book! I've been trying to read more fiction but sometimes I find it a bit challenging I think the next thing I'll go for will be pretty light.

After seeing Little Children I can imagine reading the book might be tough its got a lot of heavy issues.

Q said...

Thats a good series of books grats on finishing that second book.