Sunday, November 05, 2006

#67 - Floss every day for a month & hopefully forever

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Completed: Oct 2006

This has been something on my unofficial list or pre-101 in 1001 list for ages. I mean ages! Could be 10 years easy. I've never, or shall I say until now, been able to get the hang of this even though every time I go to the dentist they suggest, remind, tell scary stories, etc to get me to do this.

I was happy to find out this was in no way as hard as I thought it would be and I would equate that to two things:

1) my tickler file which is a concept from the Getting Things Done where you have a file folder for each day. With my trusty reminder I would know to do this every day, and then pop it in the next day's folder (see my GTD post here).

2) picking the right time to actually do this every day, and I think this is a very individual thing. Myself, I am *not* a morning person so that way out. On the other hand, I am a total night owl.. but... by the time I actually finally say to myself that I'm gonna get some shut eye, the last thing I want to do is think about flossing, or flossing well. So, I decided the best idea was the middle of the evening, often when I was running a bath and after I've gotten stuff ready for the next day. Or, if I was going out for the evening I would do it then so I didn't have to think about it later - plus, what a better way to get a pretty smile?

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Yay Shannon! That's awesome you were able to figure out the right time and circumstances to fit flossing into your schedule. What a smart way to approach this challenge!

Loralee Choate said...

It's a shame, but while I have no problem brushing, I struggle with flossing. SO humiliating to admit! ERP.