Saturday, November 25, 2006

#30 - Perfect the smoky eye look

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Completed: November 25, 2006

I want to put a big shout out to Self-Portrait Challenge for this one. It wasn't really one the radar to work on it, but with the November theme being 'Glam' I felt that smoky eyes go hand in hand.

I'm a huge fan of dark make up, always have been and I always will be. I'm not a 'natural look' kinda girl. But, I was never able to capture the smoky eye thing, I think because my eye shape is a little different that example I've seen so I felt a little lost. When I was getting all 'Glam'ed up I totally made a breakthrough in 'seeing' what to do. When I angled my head slightly down, I found I could 'see' where to put the dark make up to achieve this effect (upper, outer lid and not anywhere near the middle). Success!!! Now, to find somewhere to go play....

The process:

My inspiriation (for this try):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The tools:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Starting with (putting this up makes me feel brave!):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blank slate (rarely do I wear foundation/powder but it helps when going all out):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blend, blend, blend:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

From the side:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Complete:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Return to my 101 list

Return to Planet Shannon

6 comments:

melba said...

LOVE the last photo. Great job. I can't make a smookey eye. Appling make up is not a strong skill of mine.

Jamie said...

OMG, great job! Glam, glam, glam! I love that you showed the entire process from blank slate to BAM!Woohoo!

Jamie said...

Hey, did you use pencil liner and powder?

Shannon said...

Foundation, powder, eyeliner, black eye shadow, lip liner & lipstick. I did use some other eyeshadow-y stuff but it wasn't working and I think it ended up all being smudged off.

Sacred Suzie said...

Fantabulous! I love seeing the entire process Shannon and you look amazing. Glam really suits you and just makes you "pow" in person and on screen. I can totally see the appeal.

Q said...

WOW