Monday, November 13, 2006

101 in 1001 Weekly Update #36!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well its been a pretty good week, made steps forward on a few of my tasks. I'm getting closer on #14 Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days, with writing about five more films: The African Queen, Bon Cop, Bad Cop, Chungking Express / Chung Hing Sam Lam, Conversations With Other Women and Water. I've now caught up as my film viewing as of August 06, with 42 new ones to write but I plan to keep trucking on this one and hoping to be up to date by the end of 06, and then keep it more up to date.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#38 - Keep a plant alive from ‘The Auction’ from one year to the next - my 3 plants are still alive! I had a 'moment' with little Berry though.. I noticed the soil was really hard so I kinda poked it a little and the plant came out!!! Barely a root did it have! I felt so bad! I dropped it down then left the room for a moment having plant killer guilt pangs. Then I pulled myself together, and repotted it using soil from a plant in a really big pot. I hope it survives! Ironically, my 'ugly plant' from the last years auction is doing really well! Its got all these new cactus-y looking bits:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done.

#94 - Read every day - done! I've finished reading "Servant of the Empire" by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts which makes me at 4/20 on my List of 20 books to read. I'm continuing to read "True Balance" as part of the True Balance, and I've started reading "The Devil Wears Prada" by Lauren Weisberger which so far I'm not overly liking as it feels pretty materialistic but I've only got to about page 20 so I shall see how it goes.


#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Nov 6/06 - definition: hypotonia - condition of abnormally low muscle tone & often reduced muscle strenght. congenital - medical condition present from birth
Tuesday Nov 7/06 - How to do things on my shiny new iPod - egads, I've become one of 'them'
Wednesday Nov 8/06 - Where to go to vote!
Thursday Nov 9/06 - I'm working on more than double the projects I thought I was (at work this time, I'm completely aware of how many personal projects I have going... hehe)
Friday Nov 10/06 - That I really need to find a way to make my cat not wake me up 4-5 times an hour in the middle of the night!
Saturday Nov 11/06 - That my sister Suzie is coming to T.O for a visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!
Sunday Nov 12/06 - The majority of the films on My 101 Films to See List that I can't believe I haven't seen are available from the Toronto Public Library!! YAY!

For my full 101 list, look here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, congratulations on getting so much done! The plants seem to be doing great! You can do it!

That's a great point about getting the movies from the library. I often forget what a great resource it is for film.

Potato Print said...

Hi Shannon,
What keeps you going on this? Whenever I start a big project like yours I end up surrendering to sloth after about four weeks. The plants look healthy and grateful. Isn't "The African Queen" a great sylized, almost campy film?

Shannon said...

Yay for plants doing great! And the movies at the library is such a revelation.. there was one French Canadian film I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to find, but they have it!

Hmm, interesting to think of The African Queen as campy, I can totally see that!

I think what keeps me going is even doing a little something, like learning everyday, means I'm moving forward. And to do that all I have to do is pay attention to things, be inquisitive, and if all else fails just randomly open the dictionary! And, I love being able to say "I did that!" Also, they are things that I decided on, and I want to do!

Anonymous said...

I am always interested to find out what you have accomplished towards your list! It is a big undertaking!! Good for you for sticking with it!! :)

I just recently saw The African Queen for the first time too. I found it a bit campy as Caroline said, but overall I loved it! Catherine Hepburn was just the best, huh?!

(and as for your comment on my blog about PVP... I'm pretty new to the pvp stuff! I have an orc warrior that is a senior sargeant. She's fun! I mostly play solo though! Or with Mike, my bf. We have a couple of pretty scary duos!)

Tammy said...

Hmmm... not sure why my last comment was anonymous - I'm Tammy! :) http://tamberstone.blogspot.com

Sacred Suzie said...

That is so great your plants are doing OK. I find that when a plant gets that dried out I give it a room-temperature bath. Just put it in the sink and let it soak. I find catci like that very much and don't take to regular waterings as well. The good news is you don't have to do this very often.

I'm so happy that my trip made your list Shannon! I'm so excited about seeing you, your new place, Gobo...so many good things.