Friday, October 06, 2006

True Balance: Sovereignty, Yellow Collage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Working through True Balance, I find I get really excited about the new colour for the chapter and take pictures of anything I have that colour. I have no idea if it relates to the chapter or not but I find it fun and interesting.

I also went outside and walked about and it stunned me the timing of the changing of the leaves in terms of the project. The yellow leaves are on the trees, as are the green. But orange and red ones have falling to the ground, just as those chapters have now passed.

What also struck me was that a lot of things I found that were yellow were similiar to warning signs. Hmmm, maybe check in points is a better term as they weren't as strong as STOP! signs. Yeild sign, fire hydrant, the lines in the middle of the road, amber stoplights. It feels like they are all saying "Hold for a moment, lets take a look at what's going on before proceeding".

Now, I've only read the first few pages of the chapter but so far I'm having a little trouble with it. I like the concept of self direction and identity, but I wasn't thrill with the comment of "This is where we choose our masks in life, assume our characters, and meet the world" (p 74). There is a lot postive about chosing our direction and who we want to be but masks? Characters? Is this make-believe? I understand the analogy if you are trying something new but if working towards our real self ... masks? I think of a mask as hiding. Pretending to be something I'm not, and I'm not good at that. Unless the message is that its a transitionary mask while you are trying something new to test it out - that I understand. Or, if it signifies playing different roles in different aspects of our lives. In general though, I strive to be who I am all the time, regardless of the situation. Of course that can prove to provide a variety of results so I'm not 100% sure I would reccomend it. I will continue to read and to think on this chakra, and we'll see where that goes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Potato Print said...

Good morning Shannon,
Whew, I'm glad someone started to blog this chapter. It was really hard for me, too. I'm not sure I quite get it, plus I don't do well with yellow. I wanted to blog my thoughts, but wasn't even sure what to say at all.

It's a beautiful collage, and I will spend the day trying to see yellow beauty on Long Island.

Thanks for making fresh prints for us in the deep snow of this chapter.

Jamie said...

I love the way you've found into this chapter through the colour. And I totally enjoy the colour collages! Very interesting thought about yellow as the check point.

It looks like you, me and Caroline are all in the same boat. I'm feeling like I'm not really connecting to or getting this chapter so far. I'm still working on it. Thanks for making me think about it more!

Sacred Suzie said...

I also adore that the leaves where you are are actually falling according to the colours of the chakras. Can't wait to see the future purple leaves!

Perhaps your third chakra is very strong and you haven't fallen into the fictional self trap?

I am going to start this chapter today!